Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Daemon Tools issues & Fujitsu FM Towns

kenshutt97

I'm trying to install Fujitisi Towns FM

I have everything set up correctly in HyperHQ, HyperLaunch, etc.

I have Daemon Tools 5.0.1.  I have SCSI enabled and set to drive G.  I followed the module directions and set the drive to G.

In Hyperlaunch, I have the path correctly set to the path to DTLite.exe and add drive is checked.

I enabled it for the system and checked use SCSI.

I am able to get UNZ to work without Hyperspin.  When I try to run a game through Hyperlaunch, UNZ opens, but it doesn't appear to be mounting the image to the virtual drive.  I have MyComputer open to the right and I'm watching it.  It doesn't mount. 

After UNZ loads, I get an error that says "Unmount Switch Syntax Error" from Daemon Tools.  It works if I do it manually though. 

I've tried keeping the games zip, I've tried extracting.  I've tried multiple formats as some games are bin/cue and others ccd/img.  None seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.  Note - this is the first system I've set up that uses Daemon Tools.

Gotchya, thanks.  I'm not sure I'm ready to upgrade to RocketLauncher yet.  I see way too many "since I upgraded, xxxx stopped working" and I'm far too new and inexperienced at this at this phase, that I don't want to mess with it.

• 1 month later...

did you get your FM Towns issue sorted out kenshut97. I'm getting the same issue as you described. FM Towns games work fine outside Hyperspin (load fine from UNZ when launched individually) but when I try and run them from within Hyperspin I see Daemon Tools Lite (v4) mounts the FM Towns CD, the UNZ emulator starts - you get a spinning blue circle on the emulator like it's loading the CD then the emulator quits and the CD drive is unmounted. The whole thing lasts about 8-10 seconds. 

Also tried using Mess and game load fine outside of Hyperspin but when you try and run FM Towns games from within Hyperspin using MESS it comes up with an error saying MESS doesn't support FM-Towns.

If anyone has FM-Towns working please tell me what emulator you are using and any weird setup you had to make to get it to work.

I have this set up and working with UNZ. Daemon tools enabled, SCSI set to false. 7z enabled true. In the emulator in Settings>Property>CD-Rom1 set to select drive J. (Which is the daemon drive J:/) Not for sure but the only other thing in UNZ

I changed was under Settings>property>general tab and set the memory. if it is set to 1mb and the games requires 2mb, it wont load. (default 16mb maybe, if anything requires higher just bump it up) hope this helps a bit?

sorry if ive missed something, I set this up a while back.

Thanks for that Dubbloseven - just double checked all my settings in UNZ and it appears to be fine - but I saw there is an error log file so opened and had a look. This is the error it shows 00001: Fatal Error: DirectDraw initialization failed. - so it appears it is something Hyperspin (Rocketlauncher) is trying to do with Directdraw that is causing the issue - investigating further. 

• 2 years later...

I think I my have sorted when you get the Error: 00001: Fatal Error: DirectDraw initialization failed.

I believe its down to a un-support video resolution.

I had mine set to the default as standard but got the error when running in hyperspin / rocketlauncher, It ran fine when not,

My Monitor doesn't do 640x400 or 640x480, but when I set the res in Unz to 1024x768 it works fine.

• 6 months later...

Archived