I finished it already but wanted to show it here too. It's a Weecade cabinet with Hyperspin frontend and I call it the Hyperwee
It all started as an abandoned project. A guy I know who sell these as flat packs got one back from a customer who wanted a refund. The cabinet was already assembled, painted and had a monitor and speakers installed. It had minor scratch marks here and there but I got it for a very fair price.
This is how it looked like when I got it:
It came with a control panel plexiglass, the previous owner had cut himself, but NONE of the holes lined up?!? If you put in the buttons for player 1, nothing else fit. I decided to just add vinyl and call it a day. (lousy job...)
Ordered the parts I needed and installed them:
And this is how it looked before installing the PC:
Got my hands on a old used PC for free, but no harddrive. I had an old 2,5" hdd laying around from a dead laptop, all I needed was som molex to sata cables and the installation began. I had a tough time installing windows 7. My keyboard would register keypresses so I could go to the bios, but when I had to press a key to boot from DVD nothing happened. I tried putting the hdd in another computer and installing windows 7 on it but it turned out to be a mess. Tried to install from USB but that didn't work. Finally after 4 hours of messing around I found that I had to enable additional USB options in the bios Now it worked and I installed windows 7.... only to find that there were no damn drivers to find ANYWHERE for the audio. So I formatted the hdd and installed good old Windows XP. I already had a working Hyperspin setup already setup with the games that I wanted so that was the easy part.
I drew a marquee and a control panel strip that I got printed at a print shop. Real simple stuff inspired by the Taito Vewlix artwork. glued on the artwork onto the control panel and put the sticks and buttons back in:
Installed the pc into the cabinet with a hot glue gun. Very easy.
Setup the controls to work with the frontend and tested it out:
Installed the back panel and a small power button in the top center:
And here's the end result:
Also made a video to show it running (danish language, good luck understanding that )