Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

A Beginner Needs Help

LarryLaffer75

Hello,

my Name is Ingo, i am living in Germany, and i am a newbie.
Please take regards, cause my english is very bad.

I bought an ArcadeCabinet with Hyperspin. Everything is already installed
and works fine. I saw in this Forum, that a lot of People build their own cabinets.
MY RESPECT, looks so great. I have no talent to do this, too.

But now i have a few questions and hope that anybody can/wants to help me.

1. Is it possible to save the highscores/score (Mame, SNES, NES,...)? In the Internet i found a file that
only should be copied in the "mame/plugins/" Folder. But it doesn´t work on my machine.

2. I want to play the dos / PC Games with the arcade Controller? Is this possible? Do i have to
configure something?

regards Ingo

Hi Ingo,

welcome to HyperSpin and for making your first post! :welcome:

I'm a newbie to Hyperspin myself, and don't worry about your English ... from my German view it looks good. BTW: There is also a German sub forum ;)

1. Current MAME versions do support hiscores. You just have to turn them on in the settings. If you start mame from a commandline window, the GUI comes up , select plugins and turn hiscores on. Then it should be able to read the file. With other emulators you will have to check what emulator is used and how it is supported there.

2. The usual homebuild cabinet arcade controllers do have a keyboard controller which takes the button and controller inputs and maps it to keypresses, so, as long as you can play the games using keaboard, that should be working. 

Do you have any kind of information, what hardware was used to build the cabinet?

Have Fun!

English is good enough :-)
Only wanted to add that you simply start up a pc game and change the keys ingame as usual, but this time you just press your arcade buttons.

Sometimes they don't map the standard up down left right to the joystick, if so, just connect a keyboard to navigate the pc game menu

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Lenovo PB2-690M met Tapatalk

yeah... welcome Larry aka Ingo :-)

in the German Corner someone could help you, even if there is not a big life feeling. Do you know which version of Hyperspin you already have and if there is hyper launch or Rocketlauncher on your system as well? Do you use Xpadder, JoytoKey or similar tools?

Archived