Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Honosuseri

Building a "Super Nintendo" with Dolphin Bar.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, Grrrrallye said:

So shiny new 2.5 drive and caddy turned up yesterday.

I now have to backup my drive following Hono's notes that he left me.

Uh oh! ;)

Killing the power isn't a good idea really. Any experienced RPI owner will tell you that, as it can lead to files getting corrupted. 

However... If you power down the STV correctly the "kill switch" might be more convenient than flicking the switch at the wall socket to power it back on. On your STV, I'm fairly certain the shutdown command is "hidden" in settings/about from the STV dashboard. 

3 hours ago, Grrrrallye said:

OK so how do i add a video guys? I have tried to upload to photo bucket to link, but it has uploaded but not shown in from PB

Youtube is the obvious answer mush . Just paste the link and it will show and play directly in this thread

Just to keep you all in the loop. The project is still on going!

I recently returned to the UK, Grrrrallye in fact collected me from the airport! I did offer to do the data migration for him to the smaller 2.5 inch drive BUT he's determined to do it himself. I'm fairly certain the Hyperspin folder has been completely backed up. The 3.5 inch SSHD needs to be "forgotten" and the new 2.5 inch Firecuda "adopted" and the content copied back across...then testing can begin.

Just a matter of time folks! I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed :)