About This File
This download contains a custom "best of MAME for kids" HyperSpin XML database. It may be copied over an existing MAME.xml file and run against a full romset to achieve a pared down result.
The database was developed with young children in mind, for using in a 2-player cabinet with standard orientation, 8-way joysticks and six buttons per player. There is no trackball or spinner on the control panel. So that being said, following are the requirements kept in mind when I was developing it.
- Target audience: young kids... think classics w/o realistic violence, etc.
- Currently based on MAME 0.175 master database
- I'm in the US and think the US loading screens are cool, so wherever possible I've included US clones instead of parent ROMs
- 2-player clones of 3+ player games are included instead of parents (ex: TMNT)
- No driving, spinner, dial, trackball, analog, or really custom control games (apologies to many great games)
The version number of this pack corresponds to the version of MAME used
What's New in Version 0.175
- Initial release