Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Question about Arcade cabinet keys

bubsy54

I am in the process of finalizing my arcade cabinet. I modified an old TMNT arcade (in which that was modified into a Golden Tee before I got my hands on it), so it came with coin doors ready for me to use. I have a key for the first player coin door, but unfortunately, the other coin doors are tubular latch locks. I do not have a tubular key and I have tried the bic pen lockpick method, but it did not work despite all my efforts.

I am in need of a tubular key and I have seen a couple being sold online in various places. It is my understanding that there are 6, 7, and 8 pin varieties.

My question is: What is the most common pin used for arcade machines? I need to know this so I can buy the proper key.

The reason why I want to open the second player door is so that I can modify it so that there will be USB ports located in the 2 player change return slot for easy connections of guns or other controllers.

Thanks

Take Koolbrez67's advice. I used to put together arcade machines and had a bunch of keys (About 60 of them on the bunch) Admittedly It meant I could open pretty much any cash box on any machine I came across, but as there were at least 60 different numbers for the keys I doubt you will be able to get one that works. They may all look the same but they are not. I presume you have gone into the machine from the back and made sure that they are not hanging around inside the machine anywhere. We always used to leave a spare set of coindoor keys inside the machine.

thanks for the responses

the only key I had was for one of the four doors, it was a standard key

i ended up just buying three new cam locks(which use the same key ) to replace the ones that i didn't have the key for

thanks again

Archived