Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Launching Vjoy for use on only certain titles?

scoodidabop

I'd like to use Vjoy for Mortal Kombat 9, Injustice, and a couple Sega Model 2 games (for multiplayer - Daytona, Virtual On etc).  Is there a way to launch Vjoy for single games, then have Vjoy close when you close the game?  I'm using HyperLaunch HQ 1.1.1.1

Thanks!

Nevermind.  Figured out a solution.  I wrote a couple .exe files using autohotkey called VJoyOPEN.exe and VJoyCLOSE.exe and set them as to run before and after the games I want.  That way VJoy launches when starting the game and closes when you exit.  

EDIT: I spoke too soon. How do you make the PostLaunch program run only after you close the game?  Or is there another field I should use for the VjoyCLOSE.exe?  I would just use an Esc::ExitApp command in the VjoyOPEN.exe program but you use "Esc" in Mortal Kombat for menu access and such. 

Double EDIT: Added VjoyCLOSE.exe to PostExit field.  Problem solved! 

• 6 months later...

In the heat of the moment I wrote an AHK for opening VJOY but it's not necessary.  In your MODULES tab click the EDIT GLOBAL MODULES button, then hit the ROM SETTINGS tab.  Find PRELAUNCH and navigate to your Vjoy.exe - this will open VJOY prior to launching the game.  Now, in POSTEXIT you need a special .ahk to close VJOY.  Grab the ahk attachment I wrote, put it wherever you want (mine is directly in the hyperspin main folder) and navigate to it in the POSTEXIT option.  Let me know if it works out for you!

VjoyCLOSE.exe

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7alwsnxt2utafz/VjoyCLOSE.exe?dl=0

The problem I found with doing it that way is that it still leaves the VJoy drivers active and the conflict with other programs and games. for example AAE #2 emulator will crash at launch if VJoy drivers are active, Broforce, Street Fighter IV can act weird etc... So to play Mortal Kombat X I need to first activate the drivers.

However I didn't think it was needed to turn on/off VJoy itself at all. Can't you just set it to auto-work for individual games right in the RocketLauncher keymapper? You even set your key binds there if I remember right. I think that's how I did mine.

The problem I found with doing it that way is that it still leaves the VJoy drivers active and the conflict with other programs and games. for example AAE #2 emulator will crash at launch if VJoy drivers are active, Broforce, Street Fighter IV can act weird etc... So to play Mortal Kombat X I need to first activate the drivers.

However I didn't think it was needed to turn on/off VJoy itself at all. Can't you just set it to auto-work for individual games right in the RocketLauncher keymapper? You even set your key binds there if I remember right. I think that's how I did mine.

Hmm...  never had that issue but then again I use MAME for vector games.  The VjoyCLOSE.exe seems to close Vjoy and all drivers but I'm not certain.

• 3 weeks later...

In the heat of the moment I wrote an AHK for opening VJOY but it's not necessary. In your MODULES tab click the EDIT GLOBAL MODULES button, then hit the ROM SETTINGS tab. Find PRELAUNCH and navigate to your Vjoy.exe - this will open VJOY prior to launching the game. Now, in POSTEXIT you need a special .ahk to close VJOY. Grab the ahk attachment I wrote, put it wherever you want (mine is directly in the hyperspin main folder) and navigate to it in the POSTEXIT option. Let me know if it works out for you!

VjoyCLOSE.exe

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7alwsnxt2utafz/VjoyCLOSE.exe?dl=0

Thanks for this. I will try it out and follow up.

Hmm...  never had that issue but then again I use MAME for vector games.  The VjoyCLOSE.exe seems to close Vjoy and all drivers but I'm not certain.

The only way I know of to close the drivers is through the device manager and actually disable the drivers themselves.

The VJoy script I originally used did this automatically for you using DeVcon, but that script no longer works in Win 10.

Now I just keep the VJoy drivers disabled all the time because I keep running into PC games it conflicts with.

• 3 months later...

Archived