Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Opening Hyperspin Video and Menues Lag

Randa

I have a question that I know has been discussed a lot however it's not given me an answer. The opening video for hyperspin as well as the menu controls lagging really bad. To the point that I would like to either simplify the menus ( which are stock) and remove the opening video because of the poor performance. all topics I read up so far have pointed to Windows defender or another virus protection/scan etc. when I turn off everything nothing changes. I'm using a moderately powerful machine used primarily for video editing. Any other ideas on a fix? Any help would be much appreciated.

Intel Core i5-4210H 2.40 GHz Processor 12 GB DDR3L SDRAM 1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4 GB GDDR5 SDRAM

I did turn off animations and it helped alot. (in hyperhq). The strange part is that when just using the keyboard it runs smooth. When i connect my usb pcb for arcade controllers it realy starts to lag. Maybe it has something wit some kind of delay. Its like it waits for the animation to run ones then its possible to use the controlls. That is not the case with the keyboard. There is some delay settings for joystic/arcade buttons but i havent realy dig deep into this yet. If anyone has some experience i would love to hear it.

• 2 months later...

I'd just like to add a quick note for anyone with similar problems and aren't getting results from making exceptions in their virus scanner or defender. I was getting serious lag on opening hyperspin till it freezes then 15-20 seconds later it starts running fine. Every subsequent opening was fine also till I reboot then it starts again. Couldn't isolate the issue for ages, thinking its some sort of conflict?

Turns out that if I disable joysticks in HyperHQ and instead use "Hyperspin Startup Script" to map the hyperspin controls it works fine! Only ever lagged when I connected my Bluetooth controllers, Bluetooth keyboard didn't make it lag.

So there you go :)

I'd just like to add a quick note for anyone with similar problems and aren't getting results from making exceptions in their virus scanner or defender. I was getting serious lag on opening hyperspin till it freezes then 15-20 seconds later it starts running fine. Every subsequent opening was fine also till I reboot then it starts again. Couldn't isolate the issue for ages, thinking its some sort of conflict?

Turns out that if I disable joysticks in HyperHQ and instead use "Hyperspin Startup Script" to map the hyperspin controls it works fine! Only ever lagged when I connected my Bluetooth controllers, Bluetooth keyboard didn't make it lag.

So there you go :)

I can confirm this as well. Joystick option in HyperHQ causes all sorts of weirdness, beyond what you would expect. Switching to Antimicro to map keyboard buttons for navigation with startup and exit scripts is much better. HyperSpin feels turbo charged after the change. It doesn't make sense and I really wish the controller/joystick navigation option was viable with HyperHQ. Maybe some day.

• 7 months later...

Archived