Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

PC or Raspberry Pi B?

L1bertyPr1me

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to Hyperspin & these forums, and would like some advice.

As I am building a bartop cabinet with all the bells & whistles, but what would people recomend to use a PC Motherboard setup, or a Raspberry Pi B.

I have both so that's not a problem just like to know witch would be better for using with Hyperspin.

Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated.;-)

Hi There....first of all, welcome!  I would use a pc instead of a Pi.  Hyperspin will not run on a Pi as its windows based with no plans on Linux builds.  Plus you can throw a lot more intensive games with your PC setup.  What are you wanting to emulate?

On the Pi you can officially run up to PS1.  Ive modded a NES to encompass a Pi (still a WIP) as space is a constraint inside these cases. Another thing you can do with a Pi is use it to stream content from a Hyperspin PC to your TV with good results.

Hi There....first of all, welcome!  I would use a pc instead of a Pi.  Hyperspin will not run on a Pi as its windows based with no plans on Linux builds.  Plus you can throw a lot more intensive games with your PC setup.  What are you wanting to emulate?

On the Pi you can officially run up to PS1.  Ive modded a NES to encompass a Pi (still a WIP) as space is a constraint inside these cases. Another thing you can do with a Pi is use it to stream content from a Hyperspin PC to your TV with good results.

Thanks for the reply,

I forgot to mention the RPi B would be for Emulation Station, I've had a bit of a think about it and I would favoure Hyperspin and PC Motherboard, at least I can still use the Pi B on building another project when finished with this one.

Its nice to join the forums and hyperspin, Thankyou for your input.

Regards L1bertyPr1me

Archived