Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Rotation options in VP

zeenon

Well pretty far along with my cab and hit my first major issue.....the play field is rotated 180 degrees.

Now here are the issues:

1) If I use the nvidia software to do landscape (flipped) instead of landscape it works great in VP 9.15(see #2)

2) Using landscape (flipped) creates pixel trails under the ball in FP and turning off reflections does not solve it.

3) The Samsung TV is cut different on the top and bottom so I made the slot to account for this, rotating the TV would work but would require cutting up the cab.

Any other suggestions??? Any options in 9.16 to rotate??

Z

I managed to make the same mistake. I tried using the Nvidia configuration to rotate it, but it had a severe impact on the performance. I ended up sucking it up and flipping the screen around. For me that only entailed re-adjusting my support rails (which were only screwed in). Sounds like it's not that simple for you.

When you say the TV is 'cut different' what do you mean? Is it still in the case?

EDIT: looks like you solved it as I was replying. Glad you got it figured out!

:five: Scott we are using the same TV, but the top (on the back of the TV) has little metal indents sticking out, so the 1x2's that run along each side....one side is 1/8" lower.

The issue with changing the 1x2's......I bondo'd over the screw holes :facepalm: nothing a hammer and screw drive can't GENTLY solve.

Z

:five: Scott we are using the same TV, but the top (on the back of the TV) has little metal indents sticking out, so the 1x2's that run along each side....one side is 1/8" lower.

Ah, gotcha.

The issue with changing the 1x2's......I bondo'd over the screw holes :facepalm: nothing a hammer and screw drive can't GENTLY solve.

Lol, yeah, that does make it more challenging. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Lordlindy and I made the same mistakes...have to try an dremmel a channel down the one side...the mounting strips were put in with PL-Premium glue and then the screw holes were covered over with bondo = no chance of removing them...

Archived