Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Retroarch questions

robcat

I just started playing around with this on my shield tv and I'm pretty impressed. I got it working pretty good in and I only been playing around with it for a couple days. I plugged a 360 fightstick into and I been have some problems with mame. I set the buttons through the mame emulator but RT seems to default to tab and keeps bringing up the mame settings. I can't find a setting in retroarch to fix this. I can just switch the buttons through the emulator and make settings a different button but I'm used to the keyboard buttons the way they are. Also which mame emulator is everyone using? I'm using the default one not the 2003 one.

It's likely possible to set it up the way you want but there are at least 3 files affecting the behavior.

autoconfig file for your controller -- will need to edit with text editor, NEED to change settings->directory, and use online updater to download them into a folder you can edit.  

retropad input definition per core -- edit in retroarch input settings

mame.ini file that maps retropad abstracted controller to MAME  - edit in mame core GUI (left trigger brings up menu with Shield controller)

It's confusing but I've done all of this for my cabinet.

Archived