The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

LED Buttons

vaderag

I'm in the process of my build and I am thinking of having LED buttons (White RGB from Ultimarc)

Now, the reason I would like these is having been to a friends with an Xarcade, it took us a while to figure out which buttons were in use in each game, and this would obviously help to make it clearer. I'd also like to replicate the scheme for each system where relevant (neo geo 4 colour / snes 4 colour / nes 2 red etc)

I know I can do all this with PacLED and LedBlinky

My question is, how do these look in daylight. Most of my gaming is likely to be done in weekend daytimes so I want them to look good in all lights...

Can you still see the colours in these conditions, or am I only going to see the effect in the dark?

If the latter, i'm wondering if i might be better going with standard buttons (also probably have a slightly better 'feel')

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Vaderag,

This is a personal choice here really, depends what you fancy. On my side, I find all led buttons ugly, I prefer the classic ones as the blinking makes me thinking about a cheap home funfair.

Hi Vaderag,

This is a personal choice here really, depends what you fancy. On my side, I find all led buttons ugly, I prefer the classic ones as the blinking makes me thinking about a cheap home funfair.

Who says they have to flash tho?

i'm not interested in flashing myself, but i am interested in indicating what buttons are used by the game and replicating the colors / layout of the old systems...

Archived