Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

EagleCAD and Custom PCB development

johndarc

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am working on a project slightly out of scope to HS. I am building a Raspberry Pi NES and I was wanting to build 2 custom small PCB to act as a port changer/port relocater. I have to use Eagle CAD to draw out the PCB I have a place that will print both boards for me for $40. I cannot for the life of me figure out this eagle CAD software. I was wondering if anyone here has used it and maybe could help me out. I have a jpeg of a paint rendering I did of what the two boards need to look like.

post-50105-142870593258_thumb.jpg.

I realize this is out of the scope of HS as there is not HS Linux (specifically ARM) builds out there yet though I really do hope that will change.

• 1 month later...

Hi, this is a very small PCB, you can simply use OrCAD or ARES for this, and it won't take long. It's a simple process, all you need to do is see the library of the software that you install, update the components you need for your PCBs, place the pads, connect them, merge them and you'll get a layer of PCB with tracks and holes and the required pads. Get a Gerber file from the CAD software and you're good to go. The PCBs you've shown won't take more an hour. Cheers, hope this helped.

pcb fabrication

Archived