Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

BlissBox & Tur-Another Idle Volume Adjuster

Turranius

I need some help from someone with a blissbox...

I noticed that Tur-Another Idle Volume Adjuster never goes idle when I have my BlissBox connected. I am wondering if its just me or if its something in the BlissBox that sends some signal that resets the windows idle timer.

So I made a very small Autoit program that just displays the idle time. It should count up all the time if you do not touch anything. As soon as I connect the BlissBox (even with nothing connected to it), it just shows 0-20MS idle time before it resets.. Could someone please verify? =)

http://grandis.nu:81/software/Tur-AnotherIdleVolumeAdjuster/Extras/Test_Idle_Time.zip

Autoit code for those that do not trust an exe:

#include <Timers.au3>

HotKeySet("+{ESC}", "_Quit")

While 1
   SplashTextOn("Test of idle timer. Shift-Esc to quit.", "This timer should go up if you do not touch anything." & @CRLF & @CRLF & _Timer_GetIdleTime(),-1,100)
   Sleep(1000)
WEnd

Func _Quit()
   SplashOff()
   Exit
EndFunc

Appriciate it!

Got a thread going over at http://blissbox.freeforums.org/post2288.html#p2288.

So far, for those interested, I have come up with this.

The problem only appears on 1 of 3 Windows 10 x64 machines.

The BlissBox does indeed send some signal every second.

On the machines where it does NOT reset the idle timer, if I connect just a normal Logitech USB joystick, moving the joystick does NOT reset the idle timer.

On the machine where it does reset the idle timer, connecting the same joystick there does indeed reset the idle timer when I move the joystick.

So

1: The blissbox does send something every second.

2: Only one of three machines considers this (or any movement from another joystick) a movement and resets the idle timer.

Why does the one machine do this? I have no idea yet.

Edit: And now I think I do. The computer that resets on joystick movement does NOT have the big Windows 10 Version 1511 update.

Apparently, if you do not have that update, joystick movement registers and resets the idle timer (so your screensaver never kicks in then playing with a Game Controller).

With the 1511 update, the joystick is ignored and the screensaver will kick in even if you use a Game Controller.. Idiotic, but needed in this case since the BlissBox sends some kind of movement every second.

So its a catch 22...

Without the 1511 patch, the screensaver never kicks in while playing a game with a Game Controller, but the BlissBox makes it so the screensaver never kicks in either.

With the 1511 patch, the BlissBox and other Game Controllers does not reset the idle timer and the screensaver does kick in, even when using the Game Controller...

Archived