Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

My cab....finally. (Video)

It has been done for a while now but never showed anyone...this vid was made more for my buds on Facebook they have been pestering to see it in action but being that this frontend inspired me to do this it's only right to post it here as well.

2 parts, 1'rst is the Hardware, 2'nd is the Frontend/Games. I also show what I did with some console ports on the cab with ahk. Hope you guys like. It's not a flashy cab but I love it and play it all the time nonetheless.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Thanks goes to Bill for making one kick ass piece of software, Circo for making the emumovies, Djvj & Brolly for answering alot of questions on ahk and for working on Hyperlaunch, Rain for HyperSync, Boogienl for Hyperspeech, and all the awesome theme/wheel creators. If it wasn't for all you guys this wouldn't of been possible.

Thanks Again.

Sweet setup! I can tell a lot of thought went into that project.

You implemented a number of ideas that I'm still in the process of working out. Like coin-support, lighted buttons, a lightgun, etc. etc.

I hope to have all those things sorted out some day hardware-wise. Right now though I'm still in the process of setting up Hyperspin the way I want to.

May I ask: how did you get Raiden Project to launch straight into Raiden II ?

I guess all it takes is one or two extra lines of code in the AHK to launch the savestate, but I'm still a novice in that regard.

Sweet setup! I can tell a lot of thought went into that project.

You implemented a number of ideas that I'm still in the process of working out. Like coin-support, lighted buttons, a lightgun, etc. etc.

I hope to have all those things sorted out some day hardware-wise. Right now though I'm still in the process of setting up Hyperspin the way I want to.

May I ask: how did you get Raiden Project to launch straight into Raiden II ?

I guess all it takes is one or two extra lines of code in the AHK to launch the savestate, but I'm still a novice in that regard.

Thanks for the kind words!

Well, what I did was basically start Raiden II from the main menu in ePSXe, then literally as soon as I saw the beginning of the Raiden II, I pressed the save state key. So, I modified the ePSXe module to press the load state key after starting the emu and bam, loads right to Raiden II.

Yea I really did put alot of time into configuring and getting it to the point on how I want it. Countless weekends spent in front of the machine adding all new control panel colors to ledblinky, setting up all controls with Demul, tweaking Type X launch scripts to get them perfect, modofying xml's adding exe tags, god you guys really don't even know. And that coin lock script I had to write from scratch because a few programs people made themselves to do something similar were not working right.

That's why I play the crap out of this....everyday when I finally settle down after work I turn it and play a quick game of Zero Gunner 2 or Aliens. All the work and no playing it does not make sense to me personally.

Sweet! I'm going to do that too with the savestate in ePSXe. Raiden II is a game that simply HAS to be in my setup.

Played it yesterday after posting here and got to stage 5 almost breaking the million points. I love that game, and it's tough as nails later on!

Can't believe the security on Raiden II (and DX) has held up for twenty years (and I'm glad there aren't many MAME games with security like that).

And you're right: no point in tinkering around with Hyperspin this long unless you're actually going to sit down and play all those games!

Software wise I'm advancing rather nicely now (the new Hypersync by Rain, RocketLauncher, Don's tools and xttx's Hyperspin Checker are really saving me a lot of time with that!). I got all the MAME games set up, Commodore 64, SNES and Genesis. PSX is partly complete. NES, Master System, Commodore Amiga, Atari, N64, PC Engine, Gamecube, PS2, PC games, Atomiswave, Naomi, Type X and a couple of Wii games left to do. So... still a lot to do, but I'm having a good time doing it, and as long as I back up regularly I won't have to do it again ;-)

And in the meantime I'm gathering ideas for a kick-ass cab here and there. I hope to complete this project by the end of the year. That's probably unrealistic (being a father of two young kids) but you simply have to set a specific goal and try to make it.

Archived