Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

advice

epicrean

ok so I have never built a full cab just computers.

I have recently come into a neogeo MVS with everything working and would love to convert it into my mame cab. My question is some guidance on the best rout.

First I want to keep the original moniotor in place, how do I keep this and hook it up to my computer?

The CP, do I need to rewire all this into an IPAC?

Thanks

To hook the control panel into a USB slot on the PC I think you would need to wire it into something like an IPAC as for the monitor I believe there is a way to do it but someone much more knowledgeable than me can answer that. What a cool find I love the old NEO GEO cabs, have a lot of memories playing games on those.

Its always sad to see a NeoGeo get mame'd.. but anyways unhook the MVS board wires and all the wires to your controls (keeping the monitor cables still hooked up. Take the MVS board and sell it to someone on KLOV who could use it (just dont mention you gutted a perfectly good working NeoGeo or they will come find you and beat you) lol..

For your VGA to CGA (arcade monitor) you need this.. The CGA from the monitor will go into this adapter and the vga from this adapter into your computer.

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/video-converters-and-tools/55-vga-to-cga-pal-ntsc-converter-gbs-8100-0855742000555.html

For wiring up arcade controlls to the PC you will need this..

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/mame-arcade-parts/24-arcade-controller-to-usb-0855742000241.html

hey ridi

I was going to keep it completely intact. I was just planning on unhooking the MVS board. I was going to do a full restore on the cab, the only change would be the inside would have a PC and the MVS would be unhooked. Thanks

so I looked at what you sent me and what is coming from my arcade monitor and I don't see any ports that match :(

Snap some pictures with your phone and throw them up here, i'm sure we can get to the bottom of it. (this site allows local attachments)

Archived