Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Ledwiz - A complete beginners guide

SteveB69

I've been putting this off for weeks, I've advertised for someone to help, offered £££ but nothing.

I need my ledwiz wiring up & I do not have a clue as to how.

(I have read electrical 101)

So maybe this topic can get me started & others as well as a google search has not found anything useful in wiring up the ledwiz.

Really am very grateful for any replies, help that follow.

So this is from scratch, nothing ledwiz software installed, nothing wired up, nothing added to tables script.

In total I have 8 buttons I want wired to the ledwiz.

Once this is done I will move onto led lights around the cab & contactors.

For the 8 button lights I want to wire up am I right in thinking these can be powered directly for the ledwiz via its USB cable?

Starting with my Start & Launch buttons.

The below picture is what I am using for my LED lights.

1. Does it matter which way ground & live are wired here or can any wire go on any connector?

2013-07-2907_t.jpg

So live & ground into the light holder, the other ends of the wires, I presume Ground into the one place on the ledwiz board that says Gnd next to the USB 5V?

Is daisy chaining the ground lead ok?

Then what numbers on the board do I plug my live wire into for my Start & my live wire for my Launch?

2013-07-29070_t.jpg

This is as far as I go until I hopefully get a reply.

Once these two buttons are wired up & I turn on the PC, what next?

love39.gif

This diagram should help you: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?4826-46-quot-30-quot-19-quot-widebody-cabinet&p=103819&viewfull=1#post103819

If you're using single color LEDs, you only need to use one output from the LEDWiz (the diagram shows an RGB LED, which requires 3 outputs...one for each color). The voltage you feed it will depend on your LEDs. Are they 5v or 12v?

Also, exactly what contactors are you using? I read through your build thread and you had a link in there to a contactor you purchased one of on ebay, but it had a 240V AC coil, which will not work for this application. Later in the thread you mentioned purchasing 8 more contactors, but didn't mention what model they were. That voltage required by your contactors will be important to know, as you'll obviously need to supply them properly. Most of the ones used for this application are either 12V or 24V DC (with the latter being the most common).

Got my ledwiz wired up, working on most tables & will be producing a dummys guide to installation shortly :-

I want to get one thing sorted first & that is how to get the ledwiz to work with tables it doesn't work with out the box.

Is there some coding in the table script I should add somewhere?

I've used the ledwizconfig tool & generated a new config file for the relevant table but it hasn't made a change?

Am trying this out on sure shot & medieval madness 2.3.4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble to get some tables to work with ledwiz.

For now just my Start & Launch.

Fathom table.

The game was already listed in my ledcontrol.ini

fathom,on,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

I tried as is, Neither light lit.

So I changed to

fathoma,L88,W18 Blink,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

fathoma is the Rom name I have, L88, W18 Blink I copied from the cactus canyon line which works for me.

But still not working, I have tried various permutations but so far have not managed to get one non working table to work?

Voilà, table is reviewed and submitted on http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/index.php

Don't forget to install ledcontrol 2.4.7 from the main page, if you use config from configtool, you will need that one, and normally you won't need to bother of the mappings or rom name, if you have problems, then you made wrong port assignments or installation of the ledwiz, core.vbs etc are wrong

ps: copy switches and solenoid from one table to another, you can be pretty sure it will not work ;) , for fathom there's no lit launch button, no plunger button and no shooter lane switch (this switch is often used to simulate the plunger button), check docs on ipdb if you are interested, but for Fathom, the solenoid on the doc don't match the ledwiz solenoid mapping, they are some exceptions like that but not so many

Update.

As said Fathom lights stay on. - Edit that, no they don't it was PinballX doing that.

I'm really trying to understand this script but am not.

Now trying Bad Cats now. Which isn't working with the start & launch.

My rom is bcats_l5

ledcontrol.ini

bcats,ON,W14 Blink,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

If I go to ledwiz configuration, add the bad cats & download the saved new config file, it reads exactly the same?

What does it all mean?

A table that does work, Medieval Madness mm,L88,L87,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

What does the L87,L88 mean, why does Bad Cats have on, W14???

Indiana Jones

ij,L88,W88 Blink,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

The Start light flashes continuously, the Launch button stays lit at all times?

The lines are identical to my medieval madness???

W14 for Badcats is shooter lane switch, so we emulate the launch button with that switch for a lot of tables when there's no lamp for launch button

Blink is blink, and ON is on all the time

Did you read the guide from the first pages of the http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?10980-Tutorial-How-to-config-Ledwiz-PacDrive

Hope you're not gonna ask why this s* or this w*, for all configs of all tables, here's my star trek next generation :D

sttng,L88,ON,0,L87,S9,S10,S12/S15 60,S13,S8/S48,S11/S6/S46,S14/S16,0,0,S1 400 10/S2 400 10/S5 300/S6 300/S7 300/W23 400 10/W83 400 10/W87 400 10,0,S17/S18/S39 300/S40 300,S8 White/S12 Red/S25 Yellow/S27 Blue/S41 Green/W15 Red/W16 Green/W26 Yellow/W51 Yellow/W52 Yellow/W53 Yellow/W88 Yellow/W117 White,S9 Purple/S22 Red/S23 Blue/S27 Blue/W27 Yellow/W76 Lime/W81 Red/W82 Red,S14 Red/S23 Blue/S28 Blue/W28 Yellow/W77 Lime,S10 Purple/S20 Yellow/S23 Blue/S26 Blue/W71 Red/W78 Lime,S13 Red/S21 Yellow/S26 Blue/S42 Red/W17 Green/W18 Red/W54 Yellow/W55 Yellow/W56 Yellow/W58 Purple,S1 600 I36/S2 600 I36

W14 for Badcats is shooter lane switch, so we emulate the launch button with that switch for a lot of tables when there's no lamp for launch button

Can you elaborate please, what is shooter lane switch?

Yes I have read the guide at that link, well I have looked at it & re-read the tutorial Ledwiz-Pacdrive word doc & it is slowly sinking in!

Knowing what each 0,0,0, etc stands for makes a big difference.

I'm still confused re Rom names in ledcontrol.ini

IE Medieval Madness is listed in ledcontrol.ini as mm where as the Rom I am playing is mm_10

What lettering do I put if I want to add a table to the ledcontrol.ini

Light bulb moment, does Ledwiz work with games that don't run a DMD but a B2S.exe?

This could be the cause of some of my problems?

Shooter lane is when the ball is on the shooter lane, there is often a switch there, so it can be used to emulate a lit launch button, it's on the doc of the table as I said

Every table with a rom, all ss works with ledwiz, and it's also possible with em, but that's another topic

mm works for mm_10, theorically, mm will work with rom mm and all mm_**

Just don't change the name of the roms in your ledcontrol ini, they all work good

Archived