Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Sega Master System Box Art (Full Set)

SophT

I have finished sizing the SMS box art, and have a full set (technically).

I am missing 4 boxes from the No-intro dat us/eu/world regions:

Excellent Dizzy Collection, The (USA, Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (Proto)

Hook (Europe) (Proto)

Pat Riley Basketball (USA) (Proto)

Sonic's Edusoft (Unknown) (Proto)

You'll notice they're all prototypes so I'm not stressing it.

284 boxes available here

**EDIT**

2 missing boxes are available here

**EDIT** you have FTP access it's under /OTHER ARTWORK/BOX ART/

I also updated the Sega Master System XML (thanks joebells for the OG!) since there were approximately 6 new games added since the one included with HS .8 and 6 games changed from (USA/Europe) to (World) for 12 total changes (approximately)

You can download just the XML here

**NOTE** please do not download both! I have included the new XML, the No-Intro clrmame() DAT, and list of missing boxes (listed above) with the boxes. The xml is for people who don't want the boxes too, or for lashek to update hyperion ;)

These boxes aren't the cleanest yet, that's going to take me a good amount of time (if I can get to it) so I decided to post the 'dirty' set, which still looks pretty good. Samples below are pretty average for quality of boxes, some better, some worse (don't forget BB compression from png to jpg loses quality too..)

post-2373-142870570729_thumb.jpg

post-2373-142870570731_thumb.jpg

post-2373-142870570733_thumb.jpg

I also updated the Sega Master System XML (thanks joebells for the OG!) since there were approximately 6 new games added since the one included with HS .8 and 6 games changed from (USA/Europe) to (World) for 12 total changes (approximately)

Outside of clones and prototypes, I counted only one new game.

The rest was just ROM Name changes (My parser doesn't detect ROM Name changes currently, so it adds new entries for them).

Anyway, Hyperion has been updated to include all games that are not clones or prototypes. Those with different ROM Names have been updated. Keep in mind many Europe games also have USA counterparts that are named something COMPLETELY different... Perfect example is "American Pro Football" in Europe is "Walter Payton Football" in USA.

Thanks for the help. :)

lashek: look for games like double dragon renamed from (USA/EUROPE) to (World) and I'm sorry I can't remember off the top of my head, but there were close to 6 that were changed b/c I was auditing my roms manually as I did the art, and they had been previously audited based off the XML provided with HS.

Yeah, there were a lot with ROM Name changes, but they are the same games as before, so I've updated the rom names. :)

I'm slowly going through the lists and updating them to current No-intro dats, since the dat parser does a lot for me, just need to audit the list after it's generated. lol.

final note, I edited my sega master system.ini to the following:

[artwork2 defaults]

x = 800

y = 550

rotation = 0

animation_time = .5

animation_type = ease

animation_start = right

animation_rest = none

because having it try to render rotation of a grid, just made the box art look bad, the rotation was previously set to 8, which if it weren't for trying to draw lines with pixels... wouldn't be a problem.

• 6 years later...

Archived