The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Arcadeworx 4 Player Build

HeWhoWas

Hey guys,

This is my first foray into the world of arcade cabinets, just wanted to show it off! I bought the base unit from ArcadeWorx with the following modifications/installed components:

• i5 3.4Ghz, 16GB DDR3, 2x4TB HDD, Silly amounts of cooling.
  • Frosted acrylic behind cut outs.
  • Cheap ebay lighting strips
  • Cheap 2 channel logitech sound system
  • UltimaRC Trackball
  • 26" IPS LCD 5ms (Asus something or other)

And what I've ordered but is yet to arrive:

• Leap Motion sensor for 'touch screen' and gestures. Hope this will eliminate the keyboard necessity.
  • Chrome trim
  • Acrylic screen cover (Prevent fingerprints on LCD when using touch screen)
  • Ultra bright IR LED's (To mount in top of bezel for wiiMote)
  • 4 x "Lightguns" - LCD compatible

Pictures say a thousand words, so here are some attached. There's even a shot of HyperSpin, just to keep it on topic :P

The build time was about 7 hours or so. This was caused partially by the fact I was drinking while I put it together, and by a few modifications. The hinged control panel was new and not included in the instructions, and the width of the monitor change the screen panel mounting method significantly as well.

Computer and software is still being configured & I need to wait for the guns to get here so I can make some mounting brackets. More to come once it's finished, hopefully with some good results from the leap motion sensor!

post-94371-142870603731_thumb.jpg

post-94371-142870603733_thumb.jpg

post-94371-142870603735_thumb.jpg

post-94371-142870603736_thumb.jpg

post-94371-142870603737_thumb.jpg

post-94371-142870603739_thumb.jpg

I absolutely love the MK Dragon carved into that front kick piece. I'm not a huge MK fan, but the dragon symbol is just iconic and anyone with a gaming history can recognize it within seconds. Did you put a piece of plexi or anything behind it or is it an open concept allowing more air flow in the cab?

Very awesome! My build is similar but from scratch off of RidickRicks plans.

How is the build quality on these? It looks solid.

It comes with cam locks identical to those in Ikea furniture, and a collection of screws to reinforce them so it's pretty solid.

what are you going to use the 4 guns with?

Any Wii game that supports 4 shooters, Mad Dog Mcree, Ghost Squad and a few others. 2 will do for most though.

I absolutely love the MK Dragon carved into that front kick piece. I'm not a huge MK fan, but the dragon symbol is just iconic and anyone with a gaming history can recognize it within seconds. Did you put a piece of plexi or anything behind it or is it an open concept allowing more air flow in the cab?

I was a Street Fighter fan growing up, so completely agree. There's frosted acrylic behind both of the cutouts to diffuse the LED lighting inside, the back has plenty of cut outs to allow airflow.

Archived