The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

LKD420's build collection

Luckydogg420

I've been building mame cabinets for a couple years and I've installed hyperspin in each one. My next project is a hyperpin build, that I plan to document better then this set of cabinets.

My first machine was an entirly custom cabinet that I plan to keep. It's made out of oak and perfect for my space.

post-63279-142870604537_thumb.jpg

4 players, trackball, spinner, and 2 lightguns

My next two builds were for friends. Their cabinets were golden tee and silver strike bowling

post-63279-14287060454_thumb.jpg

Both machines had joysticks and buttons added. Silver Strike bowling was left mostly original looking, and I installed an A/B switch on the monitor, so it could play both hyperspin and bowling.

The next cabinet was found on garbage day on the side of the road. Gutted. My wife spotted it and called my cell, I raced across town and it was still there.

post-63279-142870604542_thumb.jpg

Install a computer, connect a ultimarc spinner to the steering wheel, add in gas and break controls. It was very fun to play old racers and spin the wheel wildly. I traded this build for a pinball machine. (Spring break) I think I got a good deal.

This most recent build was a "Pearl jam" arcade for a guys jam space. It was hacked up mame cabinet that he bought online years ago.

post-63279-142870604543_thumb.jpg

Before

I put in a whole new control panel for him.

post-63279-142870604544_thumb.jpg

Added some graphics and ended up with this

post-63279-142870604546_thumb.jpg

His cabinet has custom leaf switch joysticks from groovygamegear there amazing. I ordered 2 for myself (haven't installed them yet)

My recent side project was a MiniPinball cabinet for my iPad. I use the pinball arcade app to play,

post-63279-142870604548_thumb.jpg

Largest 4:3 LCD panel that's easily available is 19". You can go with a larger widescreen screen and stretch the picture or look at black lines on either side of the game. The other option is a huge CRT monitor; which is the best IMHO, but you add 70 lbs and a lot of depth to the cabinet.

Both of the golden tee cabinets had the original arcade monitors, think they were 27". To run them we installed the ultimarc VGA card on the pc's.

Archived