The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Flamin' Finger cabinet project

Lobsterhandz

Just picked up a brand new Flamin Finger cabinet for my upcoming HS project..

So I'm very new to this but very excited to hear what you guys think, and am looking forward to any great ideas you guys might have as I'm getting started!

The dimensions are : 68" H x 24" W x 30" D

And hoping to somehow make this a 2 player machine and perhaps go with a flat led/LCD monitor..

What do you guys think?

I'd like to post pics along the way, so far here's what I got! post-99924-142870608731_thumb.jpg

Well finally got the cabinet in the house, the cabinet is almost perfect, still has the plastic on the chrome T moldings. The original owner bought a bunch of cabs from a factory that was shuting down that happen to build for Namco, he also had a mini Galaga/pacman cab that he said was a prototype, but was looking for about 300 obo for that thing,.

Anyhow i talked him down to about 115 for this FF cab, and like i said pretty much brand new unit, im excited to get HS running on this. The guy i bought it from was thinking of turning it into a touchscreen jukebox, or a mame cab..

Its a pretty small cab and very light, i heard they lay bricks in the bottom to keep some kid from smashing himself lol

Anyways not much space for a screen and also will be interesting getting a 2 player CP to mount on this thing. But i will post some pics soon as im assembling the new laminated control panel, also thinking of allowing a touchscreen capable lcd, wifi and some other ideas are brewing.

Problem is this cab is only about 19" across! I definitely need some design help..post-99924-142870608878_thumb.jpg

Btw

Anyone know where i can get a plain Namco marquee?

looking awesome how long did it take you to put together

Actually it came assembled already, and looks really well put togeter, i dont see any screws or anything, that is mostly why im worried about modifieing this cab, doesnt look like an easy job. Im sketching out some design ideas, i will post them soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea ill try to use leds to create a flame effect around the marquee or above the cp, which is under construction as we speak,

Yeah im suprised no one picked it up sooner at that price its in immaculate condition, its small but I have some big plans,

Does that mean your in the area?

Northwestern Indiana region. I have family out in Westchester (Near Galloping Ghost Arcade) also. So yeah I guess you can say I'm in the area... even thou this area seems to be quite big...

As far as small cab's go, my buddy and I recently picked up a few dedicated arcades, one of which was an Arcade Legends.. Really surprising how they squeezed a 25" monitor in there with a 2 player / six button / and 3" trackball... So fitting controls onto that thing may be a little more of a challenge, but I believe it can be done!

Archived