Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Confused about where to put media

Oddysee

I just started my own HyperSpin setup for the first time a few days ago and I've ran in to a confusing issue.  Namely, where to put media; in the HyperSpin media folder or in the RocketLauncher one.  In my experience over the last day the answer is a little of both?

I say that because while setting up the Genesis system media, I was putting everything in the HyperSpin media folder and it was working fine.  However, when I put a bezel and fade in there, they didn't work.  Then I put them in the RocketLauncher media folder and they worked fine.  So I can put everything in the HyperSpin media folder except bezels and fades?  I would appreciate any info, thanks.

Wheels, themes, videos, box art and cart art go in the HyperSpin folders.

Bezels and Fade go in RocketLauncher folders, as they are not to do with the front end, but to do with the launcher.

Basically, everything before you click on a game is the Frontend (HyperSpin). Once you click on a game everything is controlled by the Launcher (RocketLauncher in your case)

• 6 months later...

struggling to get box art show in hyperspin on nintendo ds, sega cd  commodore 64 only my wheel images show no videos showing neither it seems to be the systems im adding they wasnt on hyperspin by default please could someone point me in the right direction many thanks 

1 hour ago, happyfee83 said:

struggling to get box art show in hyperspin on nintendo ds, sega cd  commodore 64 only my wheel images show no videos showing neither it seems to be the systems im adding they wasnt on hyperspin by default please could someone point me in the right direction many thanks 

For each system, open or extract the Default.zip theme. Inside there will be an xml and artwork layers. If there's one arwork layer defined in the xml, but no .png or .swf present in the zip. that's the artwork folder you need.

Of course the default theme does have to be created with use of boxes in mind.

You could also just place the box art in the \Media\[systems name]\Images\Artwork1 folder, if it doesn't show up, move it to Artwork2 and test again, etc.

Take not that for all artwork names have to match exactly. So roms, vids, wheels, boxes, individual game themes, etc all need to match in file name and the system's .xml in HyperSpin\Databases

Some errors might occur if artwork has a .PNG extensions instead of lower case .png

Archived