Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Windows 10

fishman

So is there a guide around so i can boot windows 10 directly into hyperspin and hide windows? THE BIOS HAS NO LEGACY BOOT!

Not having legacy boot won't make a difference here. The change you need to make affects much later in the boot / Windows load process.

You basically have three options:

First Method (My preferred)

- If you have the Pro version of Windows you can actually do this with group policy. If you don't already know group policy is what's often used on office / work computers to set them up appropriately; set company logo as the background, map drives automatically and basically anything else that is an option or setting elsewhere in the OS.

Group policy also effectively contains options not available through the usual Windows settings. One of these is the 'Custom UI' policy. This is a fully official and supported way to load another UI on Windows other than the usual desktop (explorer.exe). Therefore this policy can be used to load HyperSpin or another frontend, by enabling the policy and setting the path to the frontend exe file. This exe could also be a compiled script, AHK for example, so you could load a bunch of stuff along with HyperSpin. If you combine this along with disabling requiring a password to sign in a very nice setup can be achieved that uses fully supported official Windows options.

I use this solution, and have found it to work extremely well. As mentioned earlier, it does however need the Pro version of Windows. As this bring group policy functionally to Windows.

Second Method:

- Simply set Windows to auto sign in, and add a shortcut to the HyperSpin exe into the startup folder. This way Windows will load as normal, and then automatically load HyperSpin. This isn't as pretty as other methods - but it is simple.

Third Method:

- Use a 'shelling' app. These applications, of which there are a few, allow you to manipulate the Windows startup process. This is done using a variety of techniques - some official and some not. This method will likely let you achieve the prettiest direct startup to HyperSpin - though given not all the techniques are official there could be other side effects.

There are many great shelling apps - I haven't used any for a while so I can't recommend one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not having legacy boot won't make a difference here. The change you need to make affects much later in the boot / Windows load process.

You basically have three options:

First Method (My preferred)

- If you have the Pro version of Windows you can actually do this with group policy. If you don't already know group policy is what's often used on office / work computers to set them up appropriately; set company logo as the background, map drives automatically and basically anything else that is an option or setting elsewhere in the OS.

Group policy also effectively contains options not available through the usual Windows settings. One of these is the 'Custom UI' policy. This is a fully official and supported way to load another UI on Windows other than the usual desktop (explorer.exe). Therefore this policy can be used to load HyperSpin or another frontend, by enabling the policy and setting the path to the frontend exe file. This exe could also be a compiled script, AHK for example, so you could load a bunch of stuff along with HyperSpin. If you combine this along with disabling requiring a password to sign in a very nice setup can be achieved that uses fully supported official Windows options.

I use this solution, and have found it to work extremely well. As mentioned earlier, it does however need the Pro version of Windows. As this bring group policy functionally to Windows.

Second Method:

- Simply set Windows to auto sign in, and add a shortcut to the HyperSpin exe into the startup folder. This way Windows will load as normal, and then automatically load HyperSpin. This isn't as pretty as other methods - but it is simple.

Third Method:

- Use a 'shelling' app. These applications, of which there are a few, allow you to manipulate the Windows startup process. This is done using a variety of techniques - some official and some not. This method will likely let you achieve the prettiest direct startup to HyperSpin - though given not all the techniques are official there could be other side effects.

There are many great shelling apps - I haven't used any for a while so I can't recommend one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't found a shelling app for windows 10, is there one?

Archived