HyperSync, HyperList and FTP are now back online ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capt_Blackwood

MAME Database

Hey there,

I'm wondering what version the MAME data base is on now. I've got a set of roms for mame .176 but Rocket Launcher is showing 4K-ish of 9700-ish roms.

All ideas are welcome :) 

Thanks.

There are 176 databases floating around here. Your database isn't the reason for that though, very little changes in the way of being added or name changed with each release. You may just have a messed up database, a lot of missing roms or I would guess possibly your roms are a merged set.

There are 176 databases floating around here. Your database isn't the reason for that though, very little changes in the way of being added or name changed with each release. You may just have a messed up database, a lot of missing roms or I would guess possibly your roms are a merged set.

You are right about it being a merged set.

176 databases can be found here. It's recommended to use a split set with HyperSpin. A merged set will launch fine assuming you followed the MAME module notes and set the Skip Checks to Rom Only. However, as you noticed the rom audit in RL will not be accurate and you will be unable to use the Roms Only filter in HS to show only the games you have.

176 databases can be found here. It's recommended to use a split set with HyperSpin. A merged set will launch fine assuming you followed the MAME module notes and set the Skip Checks to Rom Only. However, as you noticed the rom audit in RL will not be accurate and you will be unable to use the Roms Only filter in HS to show only the games you have.

I'll look into this...and possibly get the split set. :) 

Thank's for all the help thus far. I can match up any console but MAME has always been a "beast" to me until now. :)

But I'll make it mine! I wish there was a "book"...like a printed book. LOL! 

• Similar Content

• By RemyPArcade
      So I am having this problem where i would download a set of roms it wouldn't read the roms because the name is different. Example is trying to run "Super Mario 64 (USA)" but couldnt find the game because the file name is "Super Mario (U)" is there any way that hyperspin or rocketlauncher can read (U) and (USA) as the same?

• By capnclaw
      This is my ICade mod using USB encoder for the joystick and buttons with a Dell micro PC in the back end with USB volume knob. Powered by Windows 10, Hyper-Spin, and Rocket-Launcher with Atari 2600, MAME, Nintendo Entertainment System, and Sega Genesis emulators and roms set up. The display is a 4:3 8 inch Neewar monitor which I purchased off of Amazon. I have acrylic glass behind my wooden bezel which I drilled out holes for monitor buttons in both the bezel and glass. All artwork was created by me in Photoshop and printed on adhesive vinyl. The marquee was made with the same acrylic glass and has an 8 inch LED glass enclosure with remote made for small fish aquariums I purchased off of Amazon as well. All wood paneling is MDF material and was cut and drilled via a Black and Decker drill with spade bits and a small Dremel band saw. I mostly used gorilla glue to piece everything together. I used Behr Marquee 2 in 1 primer and paint to paint the MDF material. The Hyper-Spin intro video was created by me using open source and free program Open Shot Video Editing. It took me roughly 2 months to complete from start to finish in between work and my family lol. I am so glad I did it though I am so pleased and happy with the outcome. A match made in Heaven! MY favorite band KISS (original members) and my favorite hobby retro arcade. I absolutely love it!
      Link to Videos
      KISS Arcade Boot UP (Short)
      KISS Arcade Boot Up (Long)
      KISS Arcade In Action (Wrestle-Fest by Technos)