Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Help! LED Blinky working..most of the time

Wiseguy302

So I have LED Blinky working great, perfect with my MAME wheel.  The issue I'm running into is how I have my wheels setup, it won't work with all of them.  Basically instead of having one mame wheel with genre subwheels, I set it up so on the main menu screen there is a mame wheel, but then I used the no filler all killer playlists to set up 7 more main menu wheels, all with just those games. I set up rocketlauncher so that the games will load great ( I had to create each on of the lists as a new system and then use MAME as the default emulator).  So in rocketlauncher, on the left side system menu I have: Global, MAME, platform games, beat em up games, shmups....and so on...... 

So basically with that being said, when I load the game from the main "MAME" wheel, ledblinky lights up my controls perfectly.  But when I launch it from any of the genre wheels... nothing..  I read everything I could on this, I have LEDBlinky enabled in the global settings in rocketlauncher (and pointed to the right path) .

Is there something I'm missing?  Hopefully just a setting, or is this not possible??

My guess is the emulator parameter passed to LEDBlinky (from RL) for the mame sub-wheels does not contain "mame". For LEDBlinky to recognize the controls for mame roms, the emulator name (system name) must contain "mame" in the text. For example "mymameemulator.exe" would work.

• 1 year later...

Found this old thread... you ever get this to work. I'm having problems as well. Games launched from the main MAME wheel lights up and has button speech just fine. But when you launch from any collections or 'classis' LED blinky wont see it. 

So I tried with midway classics... I went ahead and changed the name  'Midway Classics MAME' across all applicable places in RL and HS. 

Still not lighting up launching from a Non Mame list....

Just posting results in case anyone else might need the info. Thanks arzoo... as you mentioned as long as the system has mame in it... LED blinky will see it. And you wont need to add any mame collections into LED Blinky control editor. 

With hyperspin you need to change all directory names, file names, and xml entries 

Obviously this applies to any custom MAME lists you may have. (Cave, Capcom Classics, Trackball, etc)

Example - change ALL 'Midway Classics' to 'Midway Classics MAME'

• RLUI - rename system in left column
  • Hyperspin\Settings\Midway Classics.ini
  • Hyperspin\Databases\Midway Classics (Folder)
  • Hyperspin\Databases\Midway Classics\Midway Classics.xml
  • Hyperspin\Databases\Main Menu\Main Menu.xml -> rename entry and save
  • Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Images\Wheel\Midway Classics.png
  • Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Videol\Midway Classics.mp4
  • Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Theme\Midway Classics.zip
  • Hyperspin\Media\Midway Classics (Folder)
  • Hyperspin\Media\Midway Classics

If you have custom RL media you will need to change it there as well

Rocketlauncher\Media\

Gotta love hyperspin's seamless configuration!

Archived