Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Any suggestions on ways to turn my TV on via a button?

Natdiamond

So I'm going to use a 27" tube television in my cab. It's a jvc. It has a pushbutton or remote start. Originally, my plan was to just have a small hole in the outer bezel over the IR eye so I could use the remote to turn it on. But now that I have the cab, I'm thinking of other ways this could be done. Any ideas? I'm sure I'm not the first to try it.

I have some mild electronic experience, and enough to know the TV can kill me. But I was thinking of removing the plastic cover to get to the on/off pushbutton switch and bypass it to send it to an on/off switch I could mount on top of the cab somewhere discrete.

What you want is a Smart Power Bar. How it works is you connect the device you want to trigger all of the others into a specific port on the bar. So probably your computer. Then when you turn your computer on it will power everything else on.

What plenty of people do is wire the PC power button to an arcade push button and put it in an appropriate spot on the cabinet and then whenever they push it, it turns the PC on, which in turn causes everything else plugged into the bar to turn on. This doesn't work with all TV's but it works with a large variety.

Search google for things like 'Smart Bar' 'Smart Strip' or 'Smart Power Bar' 'Smart Power Strip' You should see some results from local retailers pretty quickly.

Hopefully your tv won't just power on into a 'low power mode' and actually turn on.

I had no idea those things existed. Cool. I see them on the net now. The smart strip. So to test that, I plugged the TV into the wall. It did not turn on automatically. However, once I turned the power ON, I'm able to unplug it and plug it back in and it does power on and off! As far as the power on button, I'll definitely rig it to the MB, but I prefer a concealed button up top somewhere. Thanks for the answers!

Archived