Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

4 player controller recommendation

brollikk

I've set up my hyperspin on an htpc and am currently shopping for controllers. I want 4 player games to be playable - I read that xbox 360 controllers were generally the best - wireless version.

However I don't really like the idea of having to charge the controllers or constantly buy double A batteries. What is the best way (if possible) to use 4 wired xbox controllers? Is there a usb hub that you guys have used successfully?

Also, I am purchasing a dolphin bar and wii-motes (I think these have no wired option so I have no choice here).

Am I missing anything else?

Thanks for the help!

I would think any 4 port USB would work as well as pcs that have plenty of ports. Most pcs have a rather large amount of ports.
I have have best success with Xbox controllers but hey they are Microsoft and I use windows pcs so...
I've heard htpc used for different reasons I'd be able to answer this clearer if you explained what your referring to, sorry for sounding stupid on that note.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do yourself a favor and reconsider using wireless Xbox 360 controllers :) I bought a charger that charges 2 batteries at the same time and I keep a stack of AAs on hand for gaming parties.

Thinking of wired controllers reminds me of the days of the PS2 and original Xbox when I had many friends over playing simultaneously. Someone walking by would always accidentally catch the cord with their foot and it would either get ripped out of the hand of the player, or in the case of the Xbox it would rip out the breakaway part of the cable (ingenious design). Worrying about charging batteries is welcome alternative to worrying about breaking controllers and other bystanding objects.

Also, you won't run into a limit of how many devices you can connect at one time. You can connect 2 wireless gaming receivers and connect as many as 8 players with only 2 USB ports (theoretically anyways, I only tested up to 6 controllers).

Archived