Cabinet Project

fecty

Now that I have the HyperSpin Pc up and running i decided to start a cabinet project. I purchased an original MK cabinet, the inside was redone and there is a jamma harness in there. The original 25inch monitor is still working and looks nice. My question is, can I use the original Mortal Kombat monitor and hook it up the the hyperspin PC. I think this is converter I might need to use to do it but I'm not sure. I believe what I have is an RGB CGA monitor, the RGB wires go to the jamma harness.

Thanks for the help.

Here is the cabinet.

post-110025-142870627836_thumb.jpg

It is a Wells Gardner monitor. You can use the j - pack since it has a jamma harness to make things easier, and add buttons as needed. Then you need the arcadevga for it as well. Also, make SURE you do not get rid of the isolation transformer that is in line with the power to the monitor. If you do, bye bye monitor. It is the thing that looks like a brick in the bottom of the cab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You can even keep the speakers the cab has if they are still there and add a cheap amp to power them. That is what I did on one of my cabs and they work great. Something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/LP-2020A-Lepai-Tripath-Class-T-Amplifier/dp/B0049P6OTI/ref=br_lf_m_1001140851_1_1_img?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&pf_rd_p=1755049642&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1001140851&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0793Z95SFA629M3M0JA7

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot that is great news.

If you look at the 2nd pic in the lower right corner there is a molex connector, wires coming from the power supply are missing the pins and the other part of the molex. i cant find the square ones like in the picture, i ordered this male and this female, did i get the right one and how do i get the one on the board off, unsolder it?

I can't tell in the picture, but are the openings all round, or are they flat on one side? That determines if they are molex or amp and which pins you will need. If round then yup, that looks like the one.

http://www.pool-spa-supplies.com/index.php/electrical/cables-cords-adapters/amp-connector-3-pin-male.html

Here it is a little cheaper, in case you want to buy a couple to be safe.

Archived