Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hardware Geeks - Help me find a CPU & MB for ePSX2 - Please :)

mar00n

Hey folks, I have a quad core AMD running at 3.2GHz which runs gamecube perfectly, when I try and run epsx2 the games are virtually unplayable.

I'm building a dedicated hyperspin box and want to know what CPU and Motherboard I would need to run every game for the PS2 (as well as they can)

You haven't given enough detail for help, honestly. What video card are you running? What games are you trying to run? What resolution? What settings? Speedhacks, etc...?

To get everything running as well as you can, you really need as good a machine as you can get your hands on as there are some games that are super heavy to run. Games that the PS2 itself struggled to run such as Shadow of the Colossus make even the best PCs out there struggle to hit 60FPS.

I hadn't tried the God of War series on it. I personally have the same i7 3770k along with a Geforce GTX 650 Ti and just about everything's good for the most part. There's still some games that have some massive problems however they are rare. (Scarface is one of them.)

Something you may want to check into to make more games playable than usual is to patch the PCSX2 executable to allow up to 4GB of RAM which allows more games to play. Take a look at my post here about it: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?29701-PCSX2-GSdx-and-You-Fixing-quot-GSdx-out-of-memory-texturing-temporarily-disabled-quot

Have fun.

Archived