Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Adding Game To Hyperspin Wheel

sreisig1

How do you add a new game to hyperspin? I already have hyperspin setup with the emulators and wheels and games running fine. Now I want to add a game to Hyperspin for PS2 (Star Wars Racers Revenge). I have the iso file and loaded it with psx2 and it works fine.

Now for hyperspin:

So far I went to H:\Hyperspin\Databases\Sony Playstation 2

and added the line

<game name="star wars racer revenge">

<description>star wars racer revenge</description>

<cloneof></cloneof>

<crc></crc>

<manufacturer></manufacturer>

<year></year>

<genre></genre>

</game>

When I load hyperspin I can see the text of star wars racers revenge in the PS2 wheel. How do I go about have it have a theme instead and more importantly have it point to the iso file so it works in hyperspin. New to this and never added a new game before. Friend gave me his old setup.

This is what I have so far, just the text in the wheel, where do I go from here?

post-112507-142870628172_thumb.jpg

How do you add a new game to hyperspin? I already have hyperspin setup with the emulators and wheels and games running fine. Now I want to add a game to Hyperspin for PS2 (Star Wars Racers Revenge). I have the iso file and loaded it with psx2 and it works fine.

Now for hyperspin:

So far I went to H:\Hyperspin\Databases\Sony Playstation 2

and added the line

<game name="star wars racer revenge">

<description>star wars racer revenge</description>

<cloneof></cloneof>

<crc></crc>

<manufacturer></manufacturer>

<year></year>

<genre></genre>

</game>

When I load hyperspin I can see the text of star wars racers revenge in the PS2 wheel. How do I go about have it have a theme instead and more importantly have it point to the iso file so it works in hyperspin. New to this and never added a new game before. Friend gave me his old setup.

This is what I have so far, just the text in the wheel, where do I go from here?

Ok, in the official database, the correct entry should look like this:

<game name="Star Wars - Racer Revenge (USA)" index="" image="">
   <description>Star Wars - Racer Revenge</description>
   <cloneof />
   <crc />
   <manufacturer>Rainbow Studios</manufacturer>
   <year>2002</year>
   <genre>Driving</genre>
   <rating>ESRB - E (Everyone)</rating>
   <enabled>Yes</enabled>
 </game>

That also means your iso file should be named:

Star Wars - Racer Revenge (USA).iso

If it is an iso file, that is. ;)

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ron

Now does it automatically get the artwork out of the media folder for PS2? The the files need to be named something specific?

The name for all the media has to match the iso/rom name in order to use it. If you have the artwork in there for that game, it has to match.

If not, rename the artwork to match the rom and it should be fine.

Thanks,

Ron

Archived