Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Daemon Tools Not Mounting PC Engine-CD Or Saturn

pavlovtiger

After a recent hard drive disaster I finished recovering my Hyperspin directories and I'm going through systems to check them.  PC Engine-CD is back to its old misbehavior of refusing to mount the disc to Daemon, causing it to launch to the music player.  Turbografx-CD works perfectly, which is why I'm so absolutely baffled here.  I even tried using the Magic Engine in my Turbo-CD directory to launch PC Engine-CD; nothing.  No disc mounted.  I also copied the PCE.ini for TurboCD over to PC Engine-CD's install of Magic Engine.  No disc mounted.

Why is Turbo-CD working as intended but PCECD refuses?  This was working before I had to recover my hard drive.

Sega Saturn will similarly not mount the disc, even though the ini calls for CD drive 2, which is my virtual one.  I'm banging my head off the wall here, this stuff all worked 2 weeks ago.  This is why I feel like feeding babies into the tree chipper whenever anything randomly changes on my computer.  I feel like this is something stupidly easy and I'm missing some setting somewhere.

Still not working.  I've tried a new PCE.ini, I've tried copying the one from TurboCD that works, I've tried running it with a completely unaltered ini.  Really getting frustrated here.

Why is TurboCD working but PCECD isn't?  Magic Engine plays both sets, this shouldn't be a problem.

Does it matter that I'm up to Daemon Tools Lite 10.6?  Apparently it could matter for Rocketlauncher but I'm not on that, I'm still on Hyperspin, where I will stay until I can get -that- working to my satisfaction before thinking about jumping ship.

Having gotten frustrated enough to try Retroarch, I merely added to my growing suffering by finding out that it refuses to see the syscard3.pce I stuck in the System folder where it seems to belong.  Some thread...which may or may not be horribly outdated anyway..said the AHK was throwing up an incorrect error message and that it actually needs syscard3.bin but trying that didn't work either.

Now Mednafen won't launch PCECD either.  What is the -problem- with this thing?!  _Again_ TurboCD works absolutely perfectly, on Magic Engine, on Mednafen, hell I bet it runs in Retroarch too if I tried that.  These are the same bloody games on the same bloody emulators, and it isn't my files because Magic Engine has been reinstalled from the ground up, twice, and Retro was a brand new install since the last one instantly crashed upon opening.  This is just another example of my computer arbitrarily telling me I can't have something I -just had- last week.  Absolutely infuriating.

Archived