Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

easy questions for someone

Rge

I'm setting up MAME and most of my roms load fine but there are others that act like they are going to load then do not. There are a couple that load like to 66% or one goes to 80% then it backs out to the wheel. What to do?

Also can someone show me the way to an Aimtrak gun setup in MAME? My searches have come up with nil.

Thanks all

I'm setting up MAME and most of my roms load fine but there are others that act like they are going to load then do not. There are a couple that load like to 66% or one goes to 80% then it backs out to the wheel. What to do?

Also can someone show me the way to an Aimtrak gun setup in MAME? My searches have come up with nil.

Thanks all

Hi Rge,

Probably need a little more info on the MAME deal.

What version of MAME are you running?

What verision of MAME roms do you have?

Does the version of Roms match the CHD's?

What roms are not loading?

For the Aimtrak, the best source is from Ultimarc. Take a peek here:

http://www.ultimarc.com/aimtrak.html

At the bottom of the first section is a link for a setup guide. Take a gander at it!

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Rge,

Probably need a little more info on the MAME deal.

What version of MAME are you running?

What verision of MAME roms do you have?

Does the version of Roms match the CHD's?

What roms are not loading?

Thank you for the help on Aimtrak. I will be setting it up soon.(been working blah blah lol). Glad it worked for you rascaluk!!!

But as far as the MAME deal, the version i have is 0.153b (64 bit). I'm not sure how to check the version of my Roms and/or to see if the version of Roms match the CHD'd. To be 100% honest I don't know what CHD is. Maybe I got them at the wrong place.

Some of the ones that don't work are CarnEvil, The Simpsons, TMNT, Commando, WWF Superstars. Those are just a few.

Thank you for the help on Aimtrak. I will be setting it up soon.(been working blah blah lol). Glad it worked for you rascaluk!!!

But as far as the MAME deal, the version i have is 0.153b (64 bit). I'm not sure how to check the version of my Roms and/or to see if the version of Roms match the CHD'd. To be 100% honest I don't know what CHD is. Maybe I got them at the wrong place.

Some of the ones that don't work are CarnEvil, The Simpsons, TMNT, Commando, WWF Superstars. Those are just a few.

lol... I'm not sure how to check what version of roms or chd files I have. Other than I know what I got when I got them. ;)

CHD files are images of the optical or hdd's in the games themselves. Many games will not run without them.

If you look in your rom folder, you should see some directories and then a bunch of zip file. The directories are the chd files and should be named the same as the zip rom files. Example: I have 427 directories and 29,133 zip files. So there are a fraction of chd's compared to roms. But the games that need chd files will not run with just the roms.

Thanks,

Ron

Ron thank you for giving me a hand. Your input it is much appreciated. I read some posts where ppl ask for assistance and kinda get smart-alleck replies so thank you.* I will look at the Chds in the ROM folder once I get home. If a ROM doesn't work and there's no Chd file should I just scrap that game all together or are Chd files out there somewhere?

I'm kinda thinking about starting over with new ROMs and going from there. I'm learning about all of this stuff as I go.

Ron thank you for giving me a hand. Your input it is much appreciated. I read some posts where ppl ask for assistance and kinda get smart-alleck replies so thank you.* I will look at the Chds in the ROM folder once I get home. If a ROM doesn't work and there's no Chd file should I just scrap that game all together or are Chd files out there somewhere?

I'm kinda thinking about starting over with new ROMs and going from there. I'm learning about all of this stuff as I go.

Finding the individual chd files might be kinda tough. You would be better off getting the complete .153 set, roms and chd files.

Thanks,

Ron

yeh I think I will delete all my ROMs and start from scratch with them again. Good thing I logged a list of ROMs so I don't have to look at every one to know if I want to keep it. Over 7000 and my eyes start to go crazy LoL!! But I've been reading about the complete sets and have yet to come across them for download. I will keep searching though.

Archived