Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

FTP question

Rge

I'm just wondering once I get access to the FTP is that where I can get the pictures for titles in the wheel? Like in MAME the only one you get on first download is '88 Games. I've figured out how to get the videos to play while I'm in the wheel by dropping the mp4 file into hyperspin/media/mame/video folder. Been looking for the Title images and have had no luck. I'm recently a platinum member and haven't gotten my FTP access info yet but have just sent Rain a PM about that this morning.

If I have to wait for FTP access then I'll stop getting frustrated at my zero search results for title pictures and just wait for my credentials.

If you have Platinum status then you should go and download Hypersync (search the forums), its a program that will (when setup) download all available artwork for the games you have listed in your system XML files. Easiest way to do it.

Also i believe that Hypersync will soon be making way for an even better app called Hyperbase Live, which will bring more artwork goodness to your HS setup.

thanks Brother, I seen the HyperSync Cloud folder in my HyperSpin folder but have yet to check it out. Going there as we speak. Lets hope I can figure it out lolz :vollkommenauf:

If you have Platinum status then you should go and download Hypersync (search the forums), its a program that will (when setup) download all available artwork for the games you have listed in your system XML files. Easiest way to do it.

ok so I opened up HyperSync Cloud and updated the application and went thru all the steps on the getting started tab just as its stated. Went back and started HyperSpin hoping to see Title Images and nothing is different, no art anywhere. What did I miss?

oh so MAME artwork isn't even up there huh... no wonder nothing would come up. unfortunately that's the only system I've been working on so I guess I'll have to wait or figure it out on my own. its my understanding though that the FTP is used to download files such as the artwork, title pics, vids, etc.... is this the wrong assumption??

Also I would just like to add that when I seen on the Donate page about becoming a premium member it's advertised "a one-click download" for artwork, yada, yada, yada, but I'm afraid that's the furthest thing from the truth. Although that's not the main reason I became premium but it did help that cause. The main reason I became premium is because I'm a gamer for life and I love this stuff. I know people smarter than I have spent wayyyy more time on this project than I could even imagine so upgrading my membership wasn't even a question. But being new to this stuff a "one-click download" seemed the way to go. I've been spending days on getting MAME setup and I've come a long way...at least for me...but there is no end in sight it seems. if it's going to be more of a "manual" setup I'm okay with that because I'll have more knowledge about this stuff at the end of it all.

Here's my status so far...

I got the ROMs I wanted.... sorted out the ones that don't work....made sure all the rest work and they do....I figured out how to edit my xml so the wheel doesn't show 5000 games I'll never play....I've figured out how to get the movies to play in the wheel....the only thing I really need to complete my learning of how to setup MAME to my liking is get the wheel title pics.

I get frustrated when the things don't work as expected but my hardheadedness kicks in and I'll figure it out one way or another. I just think about all the systems left to setup and I hope they aren't as difficult as this MAME is turning out to be.

sorry man i just added the mame statues in im gonna lift my game to list what is in hypersync i was working hard on it for awhile until i was told hypesync is gonna be shutdown cause hyperbase live is on its way in 2 weeks time taht will be the big new ticket to downloading artwork and all its content =

anyways for now all you gotta do is point hypersync to your hyperspin folder then choose your download area which would also be your main hyperspin section once you set it right it will auto download all the mame content which is in hyperbase listing or downloads on the site and it will auto add them to your proper artwork folders with out having the trouble to do it all manually and make sure you update hypersync to teh latest one at sametime once its updated fully you have to run teh hypersync loader exe kind of silly but thats how you run it after its updated - -

after that click the arcade machine icon set yoru choice of artwork you want downloaded so in a way you just click default button and that will download all the default content and then click on update database so that way it downloads stuff which is up to date -

then choose the system you want added to the list to download artwork from and after that your all set to go thats if you want videos to sync or not you go over to the last tab and set it to true or false -

and finally click on sync icon and press sync and choose mame in the drop down list and on the right drop down box change it to all artwork and your done simple as that-

to add in a system if its not there you run hyper hq and click main menu wizard tab and then click plus to add to the main menu xml once youve done that type the system you want in make sure it matches the hyperbase listing or hyperlaunch hq and thats all you gotta do if you need any more help let me know -

well unfortunately I work the graveyard shift at the nuke plant so I been up since 1pm yesterday and I've had my fill for the time being. (yawwwwwwwwn) (you just yawned huh LOL!!) But I will use your directions once I get Mothers Day stuff over with later and I will post my results. I understand with a new program set to launch you don't really wanna spend time on the current one, that's totally understandable to me. I thank you guys for everything and hopefully my posts will help someone else in the future.

Archived