Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

MAME/MESS Menu on Second Screen?

gooch

I think this is impossible, but I'll ask anyway. Is it possible to display the MAME or MESS menu (Tab key) on a second screen? The reason I ask is that, on my 2 monitor system, my main game screen is a rotating screen so I can choose the best rotation orientation based on vertical or horizontal games. When I load the menu for a 90 degree rotated game, the menu is not rotated which leads to a neck cramp while I configure. I'd like to be able to display this menu on the marquee second screen since that never rotates. Alternately, I guess another question would be to see if rotating the menu itself was possible, but only for those games which I have set to rotate.

I'm hoping someone has solved this issue at some point, maybe a cocktail cab user. Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

I just figured out what I needed to do. I still have it display on the main monitor, but I added -autoror to my MAME module command line options in HyperLaunch. Now MAME rotates the menu to the right (my monitor rotates counter-clockwise) for vertical games.

Archived