Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Running HyperSpin Through a Shared Network

Zonedout87

Hi there,

I'm trying to run HyperSpin from my laptop that I have shared from my desktop on the same network.

When I open it up it works fine, but when HyperSpin needs to access RocketLauncher and its path is hardcoded in the .ini files the file is not found since the shared folder is \\DESKTOP\HyperSpin instead.

Any idea how to run HyperSpin from a shared folder?

Not sure if you could change the path(s) to be towards the network share for all parties.

Hyperspin/Settings/Settings.ini

Hyperlaunch_Path=\\Computername\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

Rocketlauncher/RocketlauncherUI/Settings/Frontends.ini

[Hyperspin]
Path=\\Computername\HyperSpin\HyperSpin.exe
RLUI_Plugin=HyperSpin
RL_Plugin=HyperSpin

etc.

Let us know how you go and if you find a way as it would be nice to be able to run it off other machines.
You will of course need to install a couple of things prior to launch but still nice to share a single collection.

Hmmm I'm not sure what you're saying here or how to implement this. I'm somewhat new at Hyperspin but I'm decent with computers and editing ini files.

What else would I need to install prior to launch? Besides 7zip, etc.

Mind if I share my screen with you. Do you have Skype or anything along those lines?

Depending on your Rocketlauncher setup sometimes you need to install a Font for Fade in Info to work (Which is found in the Rocketlauncher/Media/Fonts Folder), well unless you change to to something that is default to Windows. 

And Rocketlauncher also needs .net Framework 2.0 I think. 
Hyperspin is pretty chill with no-prerequisites that I can remember.

What I was saying earlier if you go into your Primary Setup (On the Shared PC) Share both your HyperSpin and Rocketlauncher Folders, be sure to set them as Write Access as I think it will be needed.

Then change the Hyperspin Core Settings.ini file located in Hyperspin/Settings to set the Hyperlaunch/Rocketlauncher Path to the Rocketlauncher share network path where Computername is the PC Name of the shared location.

Hyperlaunch_Path=\\Computername\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

You will also I think then have to tell Rocketlauncher where to find Hyperspin.
Which you can via the Frontends.ini file located in Rocketlauncher/RocketlauncherUI/Settings Folder.

You will see a section for Hyperspin as a Front End. Change that similar to the above but to the Hyperspin Share.

[Hyperspin]
Path=\\Computername\HyperSpin\HyperSpin.exe
RLUI_Plugin=HyperSpin
RL_Plugin=HyperSpin

All that being said I havn't tested that and Not sure if they will accept a network path over a local path.

Archived