Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperV : A Vertical Hyperspin Setup

Anpanman

HyperV is a no-frills vertically oriented version of Hyperspin with MAME containing the legal essentials needed to get most vertical games that are in known-working state in mame running with as little setup as possible. As far as I know HyperV is the only vertical Hyperspin setup which aimed to cover nearly every vertical title in MAME. The list intentionally excludes mature and electro-mechanical games that require additional hardware.

The idea behind HyperV is to allow quick setup of a physical, dedicated vertical arcade cabinets with as little fuss as possible. The build is based around MAME's ROL or rotate left function. If you are running this on a real Arcade or VGA CRT and your vertical monitor is not rotated left then you will either have to physically rotate your monitor or do a quick yoke pin swap. LCD guys...If i have to explain how to rotate your LCD then you probably shouldn't be using this...

Because Hyperspin was only intended to run in horizontal mode, HyperV is considered hackey at best but does not contain any major deal-breaker errors. It does not modify the actual HyperSpin executable in any way. Consider it a clever theme hack. Theme creators will quickly realize that we spent a lot of time with our heads tilted. In place of Hyperspin's native text for game titles and game info, we used hypermint to create that info as an image which allowed us to easily manipulate where we could add the game info. It includes a bare-bones theme and Arcade flyers in place of making custom themes. HyperV's default control scheme is exactly that of default MAME. Your favorite flavor of MAME should be installed in the /Emulators/MAME folder and your mame executable should be called MAME.EXE

Some people asked me about this time time ago. Real life and other things have gotten in the way. I also wanted to hold off in making an update until i had another physical vertical cabinet to do some true and final testing. Unfortunately I moved twice, had some health issues and money has been tight.

Credits:
HyperTate for the base and original inspiration
CPZ, PixelNog, STF, ArcadeAction and K7 for testing

Download:
Available on the FTP in /Upload Here/_Other/HyperV

C6eYMghl.png.jpg

Archived