The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

What's best--map emulators to keyboard or direct to gamepads?

s4turn3

Hello, new to HyperSpin and I had a general question. Trying to figure out the best way to setup my controllers. I have two Logitech gamepads at the moment, and I have purchased Xpadder. What's the preferred setup? Setup my emulators directly or map them to keys and use Xpadder. I've read a lot about the key mapping methods, but wanted to ask to be sure...

Thanks

If you are just using gamepads, then map the emulators directly to gamepads. If you want to play the games with a keyboard or an arcade control panel then map the emulators to keys.

Now if it is the mame emulator map it directly to both and leave the keymappers at home (keymappers do not work with mame).

If you can directly map it to both without using a keymapper that would be best.

I probably will want to play with just my keyboard from time to time. Great tips thank you. I've been putting this part off as I didn't want to go down the wrong road for a few hours then realize I didn't like what I was doing...

Archived