The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Game info found on google?

ninja2bceen

OK so if I created a folder with multiple text files within this folder and use the name of the game for filename: ie I make a folder with name Nintendo GameCube and inside the folder I create text files with name Super Mario Sunshine (USA).txt and so on, that your script won't make an array of game titles from the text file names to be used by $list?

(Reason why I'm doing this way is to test before pointing to my real directories)

OK so if I created a folder with multiple text files within this folder and use the name of the game for filename: ie I make a folder with name Nintendo GameCube and inside the folder I create text files with name Super Mario Sunshine (USA).txt and so on, that your script won't make an array of game titles from the text file names to be used by $list?

(Reason why I'm doing this way is to test before pointing to my real directories)

The script won't modify the directory it is looking at. I did take a look today though and it appears the way the release date is coming from the gamedb is throwing off the script. It will run better inside of ISE at least until I have a few minutes to rewrite it (I am at work presently).

K i found the issue.....the line that has the foreach entry:

Period before ForEach should be a pipe character:

$list.ForEach......should be $list|ForEach

Once i made this change...I was able to scrape the data successfully

• 1 month later...

Strange it doesn't work for me even with sjignacz fix.

I get this and no output file:

Microsoft Windows [Versión 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Reservados todos los derechos.

X:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch\Data\Game Info\Nueva carpeta\arcade>powershel
l.exe -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -File "X:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch\Data\Game In
fo\Nueva carpeta\arcade\GameInfo.ps1"
No se puede convertir a NULL el tipo "System.DateTime".
En X:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch\Data\Game Info\Nueva carpeta\arcade\GameInfo.ps1: 34 Carácter: 12
+ Released=$([datetime]$info.ReleaseDate)
+            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: ( [], RuntimeException
   + FullyQualifiedErrorId : nullToObjectInvalidCast

[]
Publisher=
Developer=
Released=
Systems=
Genre=
Players=
Rating=
Description=

Even if I delete the conflicting Date line, I get no output.

EDIT: Managed to make it work, but I had to remove the regex part for removing brackets. In any case I had them removed on my dummy files filenames.

Archived