Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

1 Daphne 1 Mame question

guts46and2

Hello,

I'm new to the forums so I hope I posted this in the right place. I had two questions I was hoping I could get some help.

1). I was wondering if there is a way to use Daphne's VLDP and Non VLDP volume settings in Hyperspin ?

2). I am trying to play Contra in Mame on an LED arcade monitor but the "Insert Coin, or "Press Start" for player 2 is flickering and when I exit the program it's still there on the monitor like ghosting. Is this a Rom or emulation problem or is there something I can do to fix this.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.Thanks.

Hello,

I'm new to the forums so I hope I posted this in the right place. I had two questions I was hoping I could get some help.

1). I was wondering if there is a way to use Daphne's VLDP and Non VLDP volume settings in Hyperspin ?

2). I am trying to play Contra in Mame on an LED arcade monitor but the "Insert Coin, or "Press Start" for player 2 is flickering and when I exit the program it's still there on the monitor like ghosting. Is this a Rom or emulation problem or is there something I can do to fix this.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.Thanks.

Guts,

I can address your #1:

If you open up HLHQ.

Click on Daphne on the left list of systems.

Then click on Modules on top.

Select Daphne and hit the "Edit Global Module Settings" button in the button bar.

In the window that opens, click the Rom Settings tab.

Scroll through the list and find the game you want to add the setting to.

Select it and in the params box below, enter your values. Example: -volume_vldp 32

The value is from 0 (mute) to full volume of 64

For the other audio, not from the disc, use: -volume_nonvldp 32

Hope this helps some.

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks very much that worked. 1 more question if you don't mind. When booting up Dragon's Lair 2 in Hyperspin I noticed that the input sounds are from the the original Dragon's Lair is there a way to use the authentic DL 2 Sounds. Please let me know and thanks again.

-Rick

Thanks very much that worked. 1 more question if you don't mind. When booting up Dragon's Lair 2 in Hyperspin I noticed that the input sounds are from the the original Dragon's Lair is there a way to use the authentic DL 2 Sounds. Please let me know and thanks again.

-Rick

Rick,

On that same screen where you added the params. What is being used in the version box? Does it just say "lair"? Try "dle21".

Thanks,

Ron

Isn't that a rom for the original Dragon's Lair. I tried it and it geeked out. What I'm trying to achieve is what the input beeps sound like if you launch the game in Daphne outside of Hyperspin if possible. Thank you again.

-Rick

Rick,

On that same screen where you added the params. What is being used in the version box? Does it just say "lair"? Try "dle21".

Thanks,

Ron

Isn't that a rom for the original Dragon's Lair. I tried it and it geeked out. What I'm trying to achieve is what the input beeps sound like if you launch the game in Daphne outside of Hyperspin if possible. Thank you again.

-Rick

Yes, that is what rom it will use. If you want to match up exactly what DaphneLoader is using, open up DaphneLoader. Click on Dragon's Lair. Then click the Configure button. In the Advanced tab, change "Display command line" to Enabled. Then hit OK. Now hit the Start! button and paste the command line in your next reply.

Thanks,

Ron

I know it's trivial but it bugs me. The control and button inputs are authentic for Dragon's Lair1 and Space Ace but Dragon's lair 2 doesn't use the authentic control input sounds. Here i my Daphne command line. You've been a big help and I appreciate it. If we can't get this nailed then I'll deal. Thanks again.

- Rick

daphne.exe lair2 vldp -framefile C:/HYPERSPIN/Emulators/Daphne/vldp_dl/lair2/dl2-framefile.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir C:\HYPERSPIN\Emulators\Daphne -latency 75 -noissues -noserversend -sound_buffer 2048 -volume_vldp 32 -volume_nonvldp 16 -fullscreen -x 640 -y 480

Archived