Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin Config - Day 187

zorrobandito

In the last couple of weeks I've managed to get the Commodore 64 running (and mounting snapshots if present) and also the Commodore Amiga, Vivanonno, Zinc and the Sony Playstation. This brings my working systems total to about 40. I only have about 12 to go!

• Partial success with Sega Model 2 but games load after a 30 second delay.
  • Zero success with Sega Saturn and SSF - emulator appears incompatible with CPU or Win XP or both? Reinstalled DirectX 9 but SSF still crashes after a few seconds (tried v3 & 4 and fresh download).

Any tips for the above or for the remaining systems?

• DICE - Works but loses focus - Hyperspin is being controlled.
  • 3DO - can't load from command line
  • Dreamcast - works from GUI but only with default rom - Capcom Fighter - can't load a different rom via GUI
  • ZX Spectrum
  • Playstation 2 - untested
  • Gamecube - untested
  • Jaguar - Virtual Jaguar - 2.1.0 - working but menu bar remains
  • Lynx - Handy & Mednafen dropping errors

I'm running Win XP32 SP3 on i3-4130 CPU (3.4Ghz) & 2Gb RAM on a CRT Cabinet.

For the Jaguar with Retroarch. Much better than Virtual Jaguar. Lynx, ZX Spectrum, Gamecube and PS2 should be very straightforward. However for the PS2, you need per game configs. Not sure if there's a database somewhere on the FTP. Maybe we should start one.

In the last couple of weeks I've managed to get the Commodore 64 running (and mounting snapshots if present) and also the Commodore Amiga, Vivanonno, Zinc and the Sony Playstation. This brings my working systems total to about 40. I only have about 12 to go!

• Partial success with Sega Model 2 but games load after a 30 second delay.
  • Zero success with Sega Saturn and SSF - emulator appears incompatible with CPU or Win XP or both? Reinstalled DirectX 9 but SSF still crashes after a few seconds (tried v3 & 4 and fresh download).

Any tips for the above or for the remaining systems?

• DICE - Works but loses focus - Hyperspin is being controlled.
  • 3DO - can't load from command line
  • Dreamcast - works from GUI but only with default rom - Capcom Fighter - can't load a different rom via GUI
  • ZX Spectrum
  • Playstation 2 - untested
  • Gamecube - untested
  • Jaguar - Virtual Jaguar - 2.1.0 - working but menu bar remains
  • Lynx - Handy & Mednafen dropping errors

I'm running Win XP32 SP3 on i3-4130 CPU (3.4Ghz) & 2Gb RAM on a CRT Cabinet.

For the Playstation 2 - I have had little to no issue out of pcsx2, it has been extremely straight forward, just make sure you go through each of the configuration menus.

For the Gamecube - Using dolphin I have had some issues out of games, specifically Phantasy Star Online, they have a really great guide to optimizing the emulator on the site, make sure to read that, it helps alot, and make sure to play extra attention to the options that have to do with how many cores your processor has. Setting the processor related options wrong will cause it to stutter and seize up horribly.

Archived