Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

My "Hyperspin Arcade" bartop cab.

Mackdaddi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mrbell1984
That would leave two possible answers the amp or power supply

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

I just did the easiest route and used a USB bar. Worked fine.

Hi,

You are proberbly picking up interference from components on your motherboard/video card/power supply.

Grounding is good but there is no absolute ground and you cand still pick up interference after you have grounded everything.

Do you have onboard sound in use?

If so try and install a sound card if you have one knocking around, this can sometimes cause interference.

Also have you got a lot of power cables in the cab all plastic tied up or bunched up, if you do try unwrapping them whilst the system is on and move them around to see if the noise gets stronger or weaker, just a few more options to try to rule it out for you :)

Good luck!

Nice build Mack :)

many thanks, and sorry for the late reply on your PM, i had stopped checking in over the last couple of weeks cos the forum was on the blink. Let me know if you didn't get my reply, the PM/login system was being a dick earlier.

I too have brought the exact same kit no doubt from the same UK Seller...I need to ask, what bolts/nuts/screws did you buy (from where?) to mount your joysticks, I hate the ones supplied!! Yours look a LOT better!

I bought 2 sets of joystick mounting bolts from gremlin solutions in the UK. Google them, their site is great, and they carry loads of stuff. They are a top quality business, i've used them loads of times, so you should have no worries ordering from them. The bolts are slightly rounded and polished smooth on top, and have teeth on the bottom that grab the PVC on the cab's control panel really well. there's no screwdriver slot on top, they have to be fastened with a nut from under the panel, but look great when they're on, and if you put them on carefully with a couple of half turns at a time when they get tight, they will actually start to sink into the PVC panel on this particular cab, giving a nice recessed effect. Don't overdo it though, i'm sure you'd easily crack the PVC because it's flimsy. I just gave it a couple of full turns extra on each nut and then stopped, but all 8 nuts are recessed by about the same amount and it looks very well.

One thing I have done to strengthen this kit is to buy more of those blocks that you screw into on both sides, 24 of them for £2.00 in B&Q and 100 screws cost me £4.00 so I have used extra in the base, and definitely on the monitor support!! That thing looks fragile!

Absolutely. That was the exact same thing i did. Extra blocks (also from B&Q, lol) an extra box of chipboard screws, and maybe even some epoxy resin or araldite glue on some of the joints here and there. I replaced the monitor support panel completely, i didn't trust it not to bow with the weight of the monitor, and i also wanted to use a stronger panel to attach a steel bracket to to support the weight of the control panel bottom and stop it bowing. I took out the strut that supports the control panel from underneath on the original design because it was messing me up in terms of the available room i had to mount the PC on the base of the unit. It was in the way for any configuration of the components i came up with, and TBH i thought it was a pretty poor design.

I just replaced the monitor support panel with a much heavier readymade laminated chipboard shelf that i bought for a tenner and cut down to size. It was much more solid, and also acted as a much better cross-brace to keep the entire cab sturdier. I cut it so that it extended all the way down to where the control panel was to allow me to offer the panel some support by bracketing on to it.

Out of interest to those who have posted in this thread and those maybe reading who have got one of these kits, what would you guys use if you were thinking of painting them? I quite fancied doing a black finish, but not too sure, just wondered what paint to use, and whether it would need undercoat and finishing lacquer coat?

Actually, (and please excuse me if i'm posting too late to be of use here) i would steer clear of black. Go for a dark colour if you want to by all means, but i've painted cabs black before and i always feel like you lose an opportunity to add a bit of personality to it with that particular colour. That's why i went for the dark blue this time. If you have access to an air compressor and a spray gun it's absolutely the way to go, but if not you can still get a good finish with some prep and good brushes and some patience. Sanding things down to smooth with a light grade sandpaper (especially with the sh*t finish quality on this cabinet kit's edges) is an absolute must, and use at least 2 coats of primer before you put any paint on. If you can get laquer on there as well then do. It will make a big difference to the finish.

My cab was sanded, primed, then primed again, then sprayed with auto body metallic flaked paint, then sprayed with auto lacquer, all with a half a day or a day drying time in between ( i have connections in the auto body trade). It looks amazing up close, the paintjob absolutely makes the finish on the cab, and the metallic flakes in the paint look spectacular up close, but it would have been a very expensive job had i not had people doing me favours. My guy said he wouldn't do it for anyone commercially. He said could have sprayed 2 full cars in the time it took him to do my cab start to finish, so look for favours rather than paid jobs if you're going to go the auto painting route, i doubt you'd get a garage to do it for you at a reasonable price.

Seek professional advice before you paint if you can though. It makes a big difference to the finished product.

By the way, your humming noise sounds like you have a grounding problem somewhere. That isn't a good idea. I'm not sure what to tell you to do, but investigate ways of properly grounding the stuff in your cab and it should help.

• 9 months later...

Hey mackdaddi if possible could you upload on this site or somewhere your bartop arcade. Marquee image or at least the fullsize image of the hyperspin logo im getting difficulties getting a large good resolution version of this logo anywhere!!! Please

Kind regards

Alexander

Ps your bartop is one of the best yet I've seen !! Good work

Hey mackdaddi if possible could you upload on this site or somewhere your bartop arcade. Marquee image or at least the fullsize image of the hyperspin logo im getting difficulties getting a large good resolution version of this logo anywhere!!! Please

Kind regards

Alexander

Ps your bartop is one of the best yet I've seen !! Good work

• 2 months later...

Archived