Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

My "Hyperspin Arcade" bartop cab.

Mackdaddi

I was quite impressed with my kit, all the bits seemed to fit together quite well, there we're a couple of holes slightly out, but thats a

I've also found the material to be quite sturdy, i've been carrying it around the house with no problems, it seems quite heavy and it copes well with the weight of it.

I've put a couple photos for you to have a look at, it's not quite finished, but i'm getting there.

[ATTACH]10996[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10994[/ATTACH]

Nice Cab.

I think i change my Pushbuttons to the same like yours...

Where you buy it?

Here are 2 Pics from my Cabs, all Selfmade not a Kit from the beginning Selfmade from A -Z.

post-10538-1428705748_thumb.jpg

post-10538-142870574802_thumb.jpg

post-10538-142870574804_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
with the quality of this kit a lot are talking about you could have made it out of 18mm mdf for around £20, the hardest part would be to form the sides, but once that is done the rest would just take shape

Agreed 100%, that's what I figured out after working with the PVC. I could have bought the MDF as well as a router for cutting the curves and corners for less than the kit cost. The rest of the panels are all just straight forward rectangles.

Once you clamp both side panels together and cut & shape them as one, it all works out at the end.

Nice Cab.

I think i change my Pushbuttons to the same like yours...

Where you buy it?

Here are 2 Pics from my Cabs, all Selfmade not a Kit from the beginning Selfmade from A -Z.

I got my control panel led buttons from:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ARCADE-WORLD-UK?_trksid=p4340.l2563

And my 1 and 2 player led buttons from:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCADE-MACHINE-ILLUMINATED-WHITE-PLAYER-1-PLAYER-2-START-BUTTONS-MAME-JAMMA-60-/270933954080?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item3f14ec0e20

• 3 weeks later...

Nice build Mack :)

I too have brought the exact same kit no doubt from the same UK Seller ;)

Mack I need to ask, what bolts/nuts/screws did you buy (from where?) to mount your joysticks, I hate the ones supplied!! Yours look a LOT better!

I have to admit, when I first "Test Fitted" it together, quite a few of the screw hole marks were out, and I too felt the overall quality was a little "flimsy" but having said that, it has held together till now, and I am starting to put the PC components in now, hopefully a couple of weeks and I will be done

GOGGY - I too brought that amp for the front panel lol - I fitted mine that way too :) What I did do was remove the rubbish 1 LED in it and resolder in two identical Rainbow LEDs and it looks sooooo much better!

One thing I have done to strengthen this kit is to buy more of those blocks that you screw into on both sides, 24 of them for £2.00 in B&Q and 100 screws cost me £4.00 so I have used extra in the base, and definitely on the monitor support!! That thing looks fragile!

Out of interest to those who have posted in this thread and those maybe reading who have got one of these kits, what would you guys use if you were thinking of painting them?

I quite fancied doing a black finish, but not too sure, just wondered what paint to use, and whether it would need undercoat and finishing lacquer coat?

Nice work guys :)

I've bought the same amp as you to guys...are you getting any interference when in use. I can hear the hard drives through the speakers, and if I turn the amp up to max, I can even hear the mouse pointer moving...that sounds weird I know but it definitely buzzes when the pointers moving....

Guest mrbell1984
I've bought the same amp as you to guys...are you getting any interference when in use. I can hear the hard drives through the speakers, and if I turn the amp up to max, I can even hear the mouse pointer moving...that sounds weird I know but it definitely buzzes when the pointers moving....

I had to move away from the AMP style and go to a USB Sound bar as I was receiving too much interference myself.

Are yall referring to a humming noise?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

I wouldn`t call it a humming noise. You can hear the hard drives accessing and when turned up really loud, any movements of the mouse causes a high pitch noise, its not unbearable just a bit annoying...

When I first started using those amps I had a mean humming noise caused by a ground looping. I would suggest running a wire from the motherboard ground and connect it to the chassis of the amp it worked for me instantly. No noises what so ever.

When I first started using those amps I had a mean humming noise caused by a ground looping. I would suggest running a wire from the motherboard ground and connect it to the chassis of the amp it worked for me instantly. No noises what so ever.

Where do i pick the motherboard ground from...is it just one of the standoff screws...i have no metal pc case only a motherboard tray..thanks

when I did mine I removed the case as well. Any screw hole on the mother board is used for ground so if u have it screwed down just place some wire under the screw and do the same for screw under the amp.

I have grounded the amp to the motherboard and its removed 50% of the interferance, Its definately a massive improvement. I have purchased the ground loop isolator from the previous post to see if that will filter out the remaining noise....

I`ll let you know how it goes

Cool I wonder if it also has to do with the speakers themselves.I know most speakers should be fine but I guess we'll see once you try that ground loop isolator. One thing to check also make sure that the plug going into the audio out of the motherboard is in completely, if its out any it will definitely cause problems. Are you using a sound card or one from the motherboard?

Hi,

I also had a noise issue, what I did was to try a different power supply for the amp, it was a mini amp for a car and the input was 12v 2 amps (2000ma).

So I used a different 12v power supply with a lower amperage with was a 12v 1 amps (1000ma) and the noise when away, so if you got a lower rated one knocking around try that, not to sure how this worked but I was going to try everything to stop the noise.

I did find out that the amperage is what the amp draws from the power supply, I've had no issues with the sound, to be honest it sounds the same quality as before, but with out the noise:)

No mate as I thought it might damage the amp, I used like a plug in power supply, bit like a mobile phone charger :)

Here is what I used:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-DC-POWER-SUPPLY-1-0AMP-12V-/200742366348?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_PowerAdaptors_SM&hash=item2ebd2d6c8c

Here is the back of the cab I'm building at the moment, you can see the amp and its powered by the (Gray) adaptor :)

post-14749-142870574968_thumb.jpg

Archived