Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Non dns backglass builds?

rickla

So dmd is nice but I like a lot of old school tables.

One could imagine using a single 4:3 or commercial square screen fully occupying the backglass. Then for an old table you get non squashed display and scores. Then for dmd games you could have dmd at the bottom

I've not seen anything like this has anyone done it? I realize square monitors are rare and maybe none near that size.

Sorry about title.... DMD! Autocorrect.

I've certainly seen at least one minipin with a 4:3 monitor for the backglass and it gives EM tables an authentic look. Using a widescreen leaves room for the DMD and speakers at the bottom though, so if you go 4:3 you'll need to decide where to put the speakers.

Also, there's no need for the backglass to be squashed no matter what shape display you use, as B2S allows you to make a custom resolution file for individual tables. I'm a stickler for always using the correct aspect ratio and it makes me wince to see people proudly showing off their pinball and arcade cabs with backglasses and themes being stretched to fill the screen. :eek:

Archived