The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Game Series Wheels?

Fursphere

I did a little searching and didn't find anything on this subject...

Has anyone every tackled the idea of game "series" wheels? For example, the series Castlevania covers many different game systems - what about a wheel that had all the games (in order? by release date maybe?) regardless of the system they run on. You can use <exe> tags in the XML to get multiple emulators into one wheel (does this still work with RL? I haven't tried it in a long time)

There are a TON of games series out there, and sometimes I like to jump from game to game within the same series, but sometimes I forget where the heck they are. :)

thoughts?

Its not difficult, and I think everyone has thought of it.

Here's the problem:

There are a TON of games series out there,
So a hyperspin wheel with game series on there is A: non uniform until we get multilayered wheels, and B: cluttered.

But you don't have to add <exe> tags anymore. You can set up alternate emulators in Hyperlaunch easy enough. The hardest part would be to just make the xml, and there are plenty of tools for that.

But, I think a better solution is to just install HyperSearch.

If you still want to do it and have any questions, let me know.

Some other ideas to think about:

Main Menu item called "Series"

Opens into an xml that has every series you want in it for easy scrolling

Genre set up in this wheel to reflect these series, so when you click the genre button you'll see a wheel something like:

Castlevania

Mario

Final Fantasy

Etc.

And genre xmls with just those games in them.

Archived