The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Need help with hidding desktop on hyperspin load up from power up.

willkills

Hi, I'm new to the whole hyperspin and emulator thing and learning as I go through it. I have it running successfully with several games and systems. My question is I would like to make it look nice and professional and what I'm looking to do is somehow when I power up my PC Windows 7 64-bit I want Hyperspin to launch on power up and the desktop not be show at all, just like if it were an actual game system start up. Could someone explain how this is done in detail for me and provide a link to a video or something of the matter because I'm lost and would greatly appreciate the help.

Easiest way to do this is through group policy. If you have the pro version of Windows and above then the Custom UI group policy is available. Set the HyperSpin.exe in there and it will load instead of explorer.exe (the Windows UI).

I'd also suggest running Windows 8, simply because the boot sequence is much cleaner visually than 7. With Windows 7 there's a lot more work to be done getting rid of the welcome screens.

If you look back through my previous posts you'll see a guide for how to do this. I should really write it up its on thread and post it in my signature.

Archived