Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

New to hyperspin need help getting it ready.

megamanwilson

Hi, I bought an arcade machine two years ago and it had hyperspin on it. However, I want it to have more artwork for the wheel and box art but I am pretty new at this and don't know how. I checked the hyperspin folder for mame and it has about 4,000 wheel artwork but I have over 12,000 mame games. I wanted to know how I get the wheel artwork for the remaining games. Also if there is an option in hyperspin where it shows the total number of games I have. I am thinking since it have 4,000 wheel artwork it will only show those games not 12,000 games. Also I want to update everything to work with mame 0.148u1 how will i go about it.

Thanks.

Welcome!

I am also new. Im about 3 months into a project now. I have very little posts here. Basically what you want to do, is search a lot on this website. I kid you not.. ALL the information you need is in these forums.

I'll help you for the wheel art. At the top of the page here is a link to "Downloads" In there you'll go to the Hyperspin download section and continue to navigate to whatever you need.

Here is a quicklink.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=115

In my opinion, there is absolutely no reason not to become a Hyperspin platinum member and a life time member at Emumovies. Once you have these acounts you can use Hypersync and download every bit of artwork (themes,videos,wheelart etc...). The end result is amazing and blows people away. Since Mame is so freaking big now, in order for Hypersync to scan every "category" of it, you just fire it off some night before you go to bed.

I just checked the size of my media folder (the root folder that contains all category sub folders that contains all your artwork) and it's currently at 27 gig. Mame art makes up 12 gig of that!

Since you are new into this, keep in mind when you search this forum that you pay attention to the answers being Hyperlaunch 1 or Hyperlaunch 2 applicable. You need to focus on Hyperlaunch 2 stuff.

In a nutshell: (your path can be different)

Start with MAME (can be any flavor of mame such as advanced mame, mameui etc)

Create a folder under c:\hyperspin\ called emulators

Under c:\hyperspin\emulators\ create a folder called MAME

Download and extract all mame contents to c:\hyperspin\emulators\mame\

Download and install roms to c:\hyperspin\emulators\mame\roms\

Create a folder called MAME under c:\hyperspin\modules\

go here and download the proper AHK file and download it to c:\hyperspin\modules\mame\

Go back to the above link and download the XML file and copy that to c:\hyperspin\databases\mame\ (This is what will show up on your wheel)

Open c:\hyperspin\hyperHQ.exe and create a new wheel category - click on Main Menu Wizard tab and take the default options (call the new category Mame).

When completed then click on the Wheel settings tab.

Click on choose wheel setting drop down bar and select mame

Execution - normal

pc game - disabled

Executable - browse and select mame.exe file

rom path - browse and select pat the mame roms

extension - zip (no period before ZIP!)

Use full path and search - disabled

Winstate Maximized (this can sometimes vary but for now use it)

Close HyperHQ

Launch c:\hyperspin\Hyperlaunch.exe

Select system name (mame) and select rom (click option to the right which should take you to your roms folder). Select one rom and click test.

If the game starts then it will most likely run perfectly within hyperspin itself. If it doesn't either you have a bad rom or the settings in HyperHW are incorrect.

So verify it by launching Hyperspin c:\hyperspin\hyperspin.exe.

Select the Mame wheel category, select a game. If it runs then get to finding the excellent artwork!

This is nothing short of a crash course. There is sooooo much to this program for customization and so many other reasons why things won't work properly. That portion requires you to use the search engine ;)

The good news is, what I've given you is pretty much how you set most emulators up.

Your artwork path is c:\hyperspin\media\EMULATOR FOLDER NAME\

c:\hyperspin\media\EMULATOR FOLDER NAME\videos - video repository

c:\hyperspin\media\EMULATOR FOLDER NAME\Images\wheel - wheel artwork repository

Ove the past few days I had someone nice enough to try and help me with an issue. I believe in paying it forward.

Good luck and welcome a board.

Thank you so much Deadly for your guide in installing hyperspin I am really graceful, I follow everything and it works great I am able to play mame games. However, Is there a way for me to get rid of clone games I find it annoying that there are like 6 or more games that are the same in the wheel and it takes longer scroll games. I have not downloaded the arwork yet but tonight will leave pc on downloading the artwork from hypersync and emumovies.

I don't know why but everthing time I try to put my login info on hypersync it gives an error could not verify account information try again. But when I put in emumovies website I am log in without problems.

I figure out the problem. I read one of the threads in hypersync support and there was one suggestion of deleting the hypersync folder and I did and it work. I downloading right now.

Thank you so much Deadly for your guide in installing hyperspin I am really graceful, I follow everything and it works great I am able to play mame games. However, Is there a way for me to get rid of clone games I find it annoying that there are like 6 or more games that are the same in the wheel and it takes longer scroll games. I have not downloaded the arwork yet but tonight will leave pc on downloading the artwork from hypersync and emumovies.

When you go to HyperHQ, go to wheel settings. Select Mame, and tick the 'parents only' checkbox. It should disable all the clones now.

You can jump genre by pressing the genre button (default 'G', but can be changed in HyperHQ).

I don't know about the message. Seems a bit annoying...

Thanks, but how do I stop hyperspin from spinning while idle. It seems that when I leave the wheel pointer in a game for 1 minute or more it starts spinning scrolling all over the place.

Thanks, but how do I stop hyperspin from spinning while idle. It seems that when I leave the wheel pointer in a game for 1 minute or more it starts spinning scrolling all over the place.

Like a lot of settings: Use HyperHQ. The random spinning is called 'attract'. Your machine is luring you! And as you can see in HQ, it is indeed set to 1 minute. You can change the delay, or disable the function entirely.

Thanks, markelhombre I really appreciate your help and everyone who help me too. I finished getting the dreamcast roms all of them are zip and when I unrar them it has a folder name "media" the files inside are .bin, .gdi, raw. I also downloaded this emulator for it nullDC-optimized 1.04_r141. I was wondering if there is a program that can rename the games folders with the dreamcast xml so that it will work with hyperspin. I tried manually renaming the folder and the .gdi file with the dreamcast xml file but it would take too long and be tedious for me for all the games.

allright, you're getting there. About the file renaming: i used a program called: HyperSpin Rom Manager 1.1c.

You load it with the .xml file of your choice, and tell it where your roms are. It will then match the roms to your xml. Works best if the roms are almost named like they're supposed to be.

You can also use Don's HyperSpin tools in the download section: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4311

I haven't tried it, but it looks nice.

About the Atari emulators: I use stella for atari 2600. I don't run the other Ataris. But by the time you've renamed you dreamcast roms, and you set up atari 2600, somebody will tell you wich other emulators to use :-)

allright, you're getting there. About the file renaming: i used a program called: HyperSpin Rom Manager 1.1c.

You load it with the .xml file of your choice, and tell it where your roms are. It will then match the roms to your xml. Works best if the roms are almost named like they're supposed to be.

You can also use Don's HyperSpin tools in the download section: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4311

I haven't tried it, but it looks nice.

About the Atari emulators: I use stella for atari 2600. I don't run the other Ataris. But by the time you've renamed you dreamcast roms, and you set up atari 2600, somebody will tell you wich other emulators to use :-)

Thanks, with this you just saved me a bunch of hours of manually renaming.:five:

Your right it takes time for me the hardest is getting the games because I have to go to varius site and get them one by one. Some of them are ignore by HyperSpin Rom Manager and ctrlmame pro. I've had hundreds of games ignore as no good. I know I have a long way to go to finish but in the end it will be worth it. I think hyperspin is the best front end for arcade cabinets. I really like how it displays all the game graphics. When hyperspin 2 comes out I can't wait what graphics and features it will have. I hope there is a way to know how many games there are in your wheel becuase the only way for me to know is by going to the media folder in hyperspin.

• 1 year later...

Archived