Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How can I thin out the games I don't want?

gec5741

I've been searching for a good way to do this and have tried using Clrmamepro but unless I'm doing something wrong or don't fully understand how this works I can't seem to figure this out.  So I have a usb drive a co worker gave me with a ton of roms.  I loaded them up in rocketlauncher and launched hyperspin.  I had hyperHQ hide dublicates and parents etc but there are still a lot of games that I've never heard of or will probably ever play.  Since the names of the games in my folder don't mean much just looking at them 99% of the time It's real hard to filter this down.  I spent hours last night going through my files along with my rocketlauncher database and pulled out what I thought were the files or roms I'd like to play.  Well most wouldn't work because I guess they needed other files to run.  So I ended up needing to go back to the original set of files.  I'm just not sure how I can go about cleaning this up and getting it down to the perfect few hundered games that I'd want.  Seems like it should be easy but this is becoming the hardest part to understand in the process for me i feel.  Most guides I can find on clrmamepro are not in English so figuring out that program his tough.  I did get a current dat file for the latest version of mame which I am running but I just can't seem to see how this program will help me filter out games I don't want.  maybe it can't and I'm misunderstanding. 

Any help would be appreciated as always.

Interesting.  So I leave the actual roms in there.  Just remove the wheel art and then they won't show up since they don't have matching wheels.  I see.  that's easy enough!  I guess i was over thinking it.  It would be nice to just be able to clean up space but I suppose I can look for a different rom set that has more of only what I'm looking for.  But for now I'll just do the art thing.  I suppose I could also edit my database and take out the ones I don't want as well?

you can do that for every system except mame.

If you want to save HD space for MAME only download the CHDs for the games you actually play.  

Since clone games in MAME need the parent rom,  You cant delete the Parent rom if you only want to keep the clone rom.

if you already delete the roms you do not want, for other systems.

you can use Fatmatch (get it from the download section) to  automatically remove the unwanted wheels.

Open Fatmatch

-click "List Missing Images"

-add your rom and image path

-click "Matched Images" sub tab

-Click "List Matched" button

-after program matches images to the rom name --> Click Handle Results  -->  Move Match Images to a temp folder.

- any image that is left behind is wheel image for a game you don't want.  You can delete them or move them to a sub folder and then move the Images you just moved from the temp folder back to your wheels folder.

Keep in mind this will only work if your images already match the name to your roms.

I solved this issue by using custom lists of games compiled by other users. I think I had a similar reaction to the overwhelming selection of Arcade games. Some folks have Top 200 or something like that, that will capture just the good(ish) ones for each genre. I am doing this with HS 1.3 but I would think its still possible. 

http://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/index.php?module=userlists

I think this is the download areas you might be looking for.

Archived