Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

favorites wheel

Lucyd2

I have gotten quite a bit of systems up and running and have even more favorites added in now. I can track all of them down because I'm the one who put them there but anyone who tries playing without me has quite the time tracking down the game they want if they don't know what system it was for or there are multiple versions on different systems.

I was wondering if there is a way to create a wheel option on the main menu for favorites which has the favorites for each system all on one list.

That would be painful as hell. Have a look at Startrekers gun wheel. It is a very very manual process to setup a wheel that spans multiple systems. Maybe one day if HS2 actually sees the light of day these things might be easier in the front end but for now you are limited by what you setup. Yes you can do it. But it is gonna suck doing it.

• 1 month later...
I would love to have a Castlevania wheel someday and have it contain every Castlevania game ever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is not a difficult thing to do. Just create a new system called Castlevania in HyperHQ, and create an xml called Castlevania.xml with all the games you want in it.

Then in HyperLaunchHQ under Castlevania, add every potential emulator you would want to use (or create them under global so they will be available to Castlevania system). Then under Games tab under Castlevania, choose sub tab Alternate Emulators. Assign each game to which emulator it should use, and what it's original system is. That's it.

What OP is asking is a little more involved, since your favorites across all systems probably greatly outnumbers the amount of Castlevania titles. But it could be done with some ini editing or write a batch script to create the xml and alternate emulators ini. For Castlevania, I would just do it manually.

• 1 month later...

Instead of starting a new thread i wanted to do something similar but not as the first post rather, i want an EASY way to say play a game and say wow i like this game and from the wheel be able to say right click or click a button and favorite a game into a custom favorites folder for eg MAME.

Hope that makes sense, i know i can make a custom xml, but really that seems like a hassle and a half on its own.....accessibility is key... would be awesome if i can achieve that.

Any advice ?

• 7 months later...

Is there a tricky way to create a genre of favorites per system? I'd like special art c for favorites as I have genre icons. Is there a way to create favorites in the genre xml then use a blank favorites xml file to open the favorites txt file so the favorites work the same way by default I just can get my genre icon for special c art?

• 3 years later...
On 05/12/2014 at 7:37 PM, ninja2bceen said:

Is there a tricky way to create a genre of favorites per system? I'd like special art c for favorites as I have genre icons. Is there a way to create favorites in the genre xml then use a blank favorites xml file to open the favorites txt file so the favorites work the same way by default I just can get my genre icon for special c art?

I was wondering the exact same thing.

The Special Artwork C comes up for all games and genres, but nothing for favorites. It would be nice to have an indication that we're in the favorites wheel.

It would also be nice to have Favorites as an option in the genre wheel, and to be able to exit back to the genre wheel instead of back to the main menu.

Archived