About This File
What's New in Version 1.2.0
I went through every single game in the HyperSpin wheel to make sure the games matched the box art. Some games were iffy (e.g. Had more than one logo, no logo, or otherwise difficult to determine who the actual publisher was).
However, I am now confident that the publisher is 98% accurate, vs. the 75% accuracy of the developer that was used in the old database.
If (and only if) someone expresses an interest in having both the developer and the publisher listed, like I tried to do with the GameCube database, for Rocketlauncher fades for example (I'm not entirely sure if that will even work to be honest because no current 'official' database even has both), I will start a thread, and others can contribute, and we can make a 'developer' field. I personally don't care, but everything I contribute is with likeminded, motivated contributors in mind, and I'd gladly pitch in.
Other changes: Miracle Piano is not an adventure game. Changed to 'Educational' genre. I'm now concerned about the quality of the 'genre' field as well but I'm burnt out on database work at the moment and want to move on to something else.
Other notes I forgot to include in the initial post:
1. When I was hunting down translation patches, I came across "Battle Mania Daiginjou - Trouble Shooter Vintage". That is the alternate version of the patch for "Battle Mania Daiginjou". The person that made the patches stated that each version was worth a playthrough, so, with that in mind, I added it as a new game to the database.
2. Surging Aura (Japan) (Translated Fr) was an unacceptable entry in the original database. I speak French about as well as I speak Japanese, and I'm not going to put the time and effort into hunting down the correct ROM with the correct CRC to work with the correct patch, just so I can play a game that *still* won't be able to understand.
...ok, so maybe I actually did do all that, and the patch didn't work properly, so I got frustrated, and just changed it back to Japanese.
Either way, if it isn't an English translation, it's pointless and just creates more work for someone trying to put together a collection.
New in 1.20 -
Changed "Sages Creation" to "Sage's Creation," and other minor fixes.