About This File
I always wanted to start a screensaver on my hyperspin cabinet, when unattended for a certain amount of time but I found nothing usable.
So I decided to write an ahk Script to start a video screensaver.
- Place the exe file together with the ini file to the wanted destination
- Install VLC media player
Change the settings in the ini file and save
- VLC_Path= Path to vlc.exe
- Playlist_Path= Path to a media file or to a supported playlist file (for example m3u)
- Time_to_start= Time in seconds to start the screensaver when unattended
- Prompts_for_VLC= command line prompts for vlc to be started with (leave default)
- Open HyperHQ and go to the tab MainSettings\Startup/Exit and add Screensaver.exe to Startup Programm
- After being unattended for some time vlc will play the selected playlist fullscreen and on top of hyperspin
- Hyperspin will also be muted
- After pressing any key or moving the mouse vlc will close and go back to hyperspin
I hope everything will work due to the fact that this was my first ahk confrontation, but my tests were successfull.
PS: here is the link to all vlc prompts: VLC Prompts